Guest Ritu

Cabra Dominican College or Mercedes College...

Guest Ritu

Hello everyone,

We have been in Adelaide since December and ended up enrolling our son in a state high school till we can find an appropriate private one. Am looking at Cabra Dominican and Mercedes college. Any thoughts, ideas and views are appreciated. :notworthy:

I still feel like a headless chicken....

:eek:

They are both good schools. Mercedes is smaller and is from Reception to yr 12 whereas Cabra is from yr 6 - yr 12. It really depends what you are looking for and how far you want your son to travel.

Don't know anything about Cabra I'm afraid, but my kids' school has an annual Intercol with Mercedes and it always looks a very nice place, beautiful grounds and buildings, and the kids who go there seem a nice bunch!

Guest Ritu
    They are both good schools. Mercedes is smaller and is from Reception to yr 12 whereas Cabra is from yr 6 - yr 12. It really depends what you are looking for and how far you want your son to travel.

Thanks for your reply :)

Both the schools are close to our place, Mercedes is just across the road and Cabra not too far either. I suppose I am looking for a holistic environment and overall development with discipline thrown somewhere in there. There is a fair difference in fees and I just want to know if that is justified.... I hope I'm making sense!! :unsure: