Guest Claire-n-tel

I've only just noticed the advert banners 'fit' the thread!

Guest Claire-n-tel

Wow!....so if the thread is about someone giving away a bed the banner is for "30 blinks" (not sure i'm allowed to mention its real name!

someone asking about internet and banner is for an internet provider.......

How clever is that?! Well i'm sure it is not actually independantly clever and someone set it up like that but its kept me amused for the last 10 minutes!

Guest Guest12727

Yes, I have noticed that before too. Very clever, or scary depending on how you look at it.

I do wonder though what triggers the PhD in Management ad - there never seems to be a pattern and I often wonder who would get excited enough about that one for it to appear so often.

Guest Guest75

It's horrible really, feel a bit like an invasion of privacy.

If I've been searching for something via Google independently of this forum, banners come up on here for the same subject.

Just for the purposes of clarity, PIA doesn't spy on anyone or invade anyone's privacy etc. The ads you see are served by Google. - Google serves you interest based ads. If you want to opt out of Google's interest-based advertising (across ALL websites that serve Google ads), then here's the link - http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-optout (and the page also explains how Google determine what ads you see).

Guest Claire-n-tel

Awwww....spoil sports!....i was all excited, didn't think of it like that, now i've got the right heeby jeebies!:shocked:

Awwww....spoil sports!....i was all excited, didn't think of it like that, now i've got the right heeby jeebies!:shocked:

Just start panicking if you see banners appearing for ladyboys or Thai brides lol.

I don't get them. Is that because I'm on my iPhone?

Are you on tapatalk,? I get them on my iPad

Guest Guest75
    Just for the purposes of clarity, PIA doesn't spy on anyone or invade anyone's privacy etc. The ads you see are served by Google. - Google serves you interest based ads. If you want to opt out of Google's interest-based advertising (across ALL websites that serve Google ads), then here's the link - http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-optout (and the page also explains how Google determine what ads you see).

Sorry Kate, in no was I saying the forum was spying. I know it's the browsers that do it. Just making that clear!!!

Sorry Kate, in no was I saying the forum was spying. I know it's the browsers that do it. Just making that clear!!!

Cough, do you mean Rob.

Guest Guest75
    Cough, do you mean Rob.

Ooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep,Rob:notworthy:

It's certainly the browsers - in Chrome and Firefox.

Just been browsing for a washing machine and ads for them come up in the banners.

:rolleyes:

Guest Guest12727

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I also know it is Google - that is what is scary. They know what we are doing. Still don't get the PhD ad!!

I didn't know you could block it so thanks for the tip.