Mechanic-vetasses want to do interview after practical test?!

Reena1991

Hi, just wondered if anyone could advice if they have heard of this before: general vehicle mechanic practical test was done on 25th jan. The examiner said that, off the record, everyone had passed and that vetasses basically go on what they say. Our agent received an email today saying that vetasses had been in touch and want to do a 30 minute phone interview with their trade assessor based in Melbourne to "finalise the assessment". Our agent says she has never heard of this before and was very odd. Has anyone experienced this before?! Or have any idea why they would want to do this..is it a borderline fail?! All qualifications have been assessed and verified and practical went well. Could it be that they couldn't read writing in the assessment book?! Really worried now as we just assumed all was ok. Any replies would be appreciated

:unsure:

My partner tried to get the vetaassess examiner to indicate whether he'd passed & all he said was that he didn't make the final decision? I think if you'd failed then it would be a case of thats it & you would not to go onto anything further like an interview? Perhaps it's something new they've devised to stress us out to the limit! Fingers crossed you will be fine xx

Thanks for your reply, had phone interview this morning and turns out some paper work was missing from the stuff sent to oz so had to go through some questions on the phone. Wish they had put that on the email so we didn't get so worried! Find out in about 10 days time, it's going to be a long few days!:err:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Thanks for your reply, had phone interview this morning and turns out some paper work was missing from the stuff sent to oz so had to go through some questions on the phone. Wish they had put that on the email so we didn't get so worried! Find out in about 10 days time, it's going to be a long few days!:err:

Hi Reena :smile: Glad it was nothing to get stressed about!.....If you are applying for a visa though i'd get used to waiting if i were you, 10 days is just a heart beat!:wink:

Guest Gav2981

Hi Reena1991, Im just starting the visa process, I too am a mechanic and was just wondering what did the practical assessment and the telephone interview involve? I am confident that I'll be fine with it but it doesn't do any harm to have a bit of information about what to expect. Thanks