Guest nickyblue

Newbie to Adelaide

Guest nickyblue

Hi there

I'm a new pom in adelaide and found this forum and wanted to say hi and maybe ask a few questions!

I am currently on a working holiday Visa but am about to start the process of my De facto Visa. I was worried because on the immigration website it says that this visa is primariy for same sex relationships - has anyone on here gone through this process as a male/female couple and was it sucessful?

Also has anyone in Adelaide used the migration agency Migration solutions? If so what did you think?

thanks in advance

Nicole

Years ago we looked into this when we were here to have our 1st child( I came home as I was a perm resident), We were here for 7 months and it was poss for my hubby who was then my defacto to apply from here, it was just more expensive. However this was 18 yrs ago so things might have changed.

We ended up going back to England anyway as 1st grandchild on hubby's side too and he spent 2 yrs making up his mind. The thing I remember most is they wanted a lot of proof that you are in a long term relationship and having kids together was not enough.

Yes I came out on a Working Holiday Visa and applied for Permanent Residency under a Spouse Visa. There is not much difference between de facto and Spouse Visa's really.

You have to have evidence of your relationship including photographs, tickets to events, emails of correspondence etc and stat decs from friends who can justify that you are in a genuine relationship. We provided an archive box full of evidence and it was shortly after this that they specified that evidence should be in an A4 envelope only - haha. We never did get our folder back of all our email correspondence from the time we met, up until we got married. Grrr.

Guest Devon

I've used Migration solutions in Adelaide - they are brilliant. Mark is lovely and Mel has the patience of a saint the amount of times I'd ring her with yet another question!