Guest asian_mate

Hello!!

Guest asian_mate

It is nice to be here saying hello to everyone.:jiggy:

I hope I am not in the wrong place..because I am Asian..

Like many of you, I am planning to migrate to Adelaide and I am really keen to know just about anything related to Adelaide. I am still doing research at this point but I should be submitting application by June 2008. Coming with me are my wife and my new-born daughter....which is why it makes me so nervous and curious about our future lives in down under...

I am very impressed about this forum and everyone is nice and helpful. I hope I will be welcomed here and I wish to meet you some day in Adelaide.

Again, cheers to everyone and thanks for creating this virtual community for Adelaide!

Hi there, you're definitely not in the wrong place! I doubt anybody will be bothered by the fact that you're Asian, all anybody on here is concerned with is getting to and living in Adelaide. Good luck with your application!:)

Guest ems

Hi Guys.

Welcome to PIA. I hope your able to find the answers to questions your after. There are some very knowlagable people on here (not including me) :biglaugh: .

Just like The Monaghans said we all want the same thing on here. Good luck with everything.

Emma +

Alicia (6) :)

Guest ali@51

Hi

If you are planing on emigrating to Adelaide you are in the right place. Any questions just shout someone will answer ( probably not me!)

a) because :idea: anrt me and

b) because I'm emigrating to my mothers next week:chatterbox: prior to going to adelaide on 17/5 good luck with the jouney

Guest asian_mate

Thank you, you guys are wonderful!!

We gonna ask many questions soon!

Hi guys,

welcome to PIA, it doesn't matter where you are from or what walk of life, you and your family are going through the same thing that everyone on here is either going through or already has.

Good Luck x

Guest Django

Hi dude,

I can see no reason why you cannot be as much a part of this forum as anyone else on here. After all we all have the same goal to get to adelaide so we are all in the same boat. mOZzy is Austrian, Suzer is American and if I'm not mistaken we have a few people from Newcastle :biglaugh:

Congrats on the birth look forward to seeing more posts.;)

Pete

Hi and welcome to PIA

Cant help much on the answer questions (we are just starting our ourselves). But there are lots of people who have or in the process of this long journey to Adelaide.

Jo

Guest Libby1971

Hi

As others have said, we don't mind where you are from. We all have the same goals ie get to Oz or help those here or on their way.

Congrats on your daughter and hope to be able to answer some of those questions.

Libby

Guest The Pottertons

Congrats on your decision to move to Adelaide and welcome to PIA. Hope all your questions are answered- im sure they will be.There are some wise owls on here!!!! Yvonne x

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Hi dude,

I can see no reason why you cannot be as much a part of this forum as anyone else on here. After all we all have the same goal to get to adelaide so we are all in the same boat. mOZzy is Austrian, Suzer is American and if I'm not mistaken we have a few people from Newcastle :biglaugh:

Pete

And then theres Graham, not sure what planet that boys on somedays,

Guzzler

Guest soggy

Hi,

welcome to PIA, hope I can answer some of your questions when you get round to asking them, I have one for you, are you from Singapore or just working there at the moment, my wife spent 6 months there a while back, liked it , but loves it here in Adelaide.:D:D:D:D

Simon

Guest Maddisons

Hi,hope your application goes well.Just ask away, i am sure everyone will try to help you with any questions you have.

I am sure you have plenty lined up!!!!

Good luck and see you in Adelaide.

The Maddisons

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

welcome to the site and good luck with your visa.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum.

Guest Django
    And then theres Graham, not sure what planet that boys on somedays,

You can say that. I couldn't possibly comment.;):biglaugh:

Pete

Guest asian_mate
    Hi,

welcome to PIA, hope I can answer some of your questions when you get round to asking them, I have one for you, are you from Singapore or just working there at the moment, my wife spent 6 months there a while back, liked it , but loves it here in Adelaide.:D:D:D:D

Simon

Hi Simon

I was born and raised in Hong Kong. Graduated in US and have been working and living here in Singapore since 1997. My wife is Singaporean.

We also look forward to the new life in Australia, starting with Adelaide!

Guest paul_smart

Hi Welcome to PIA,

It wouldn't matter a jot if you were from mars, this forum is about helping and sharing our experiences of emmigrating with each other and giving a heads up when one of us gets into trouble with something, I'm from London and they help me!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest alibongo

It's a shame that you even have to ask whether you will be welcomed or not!

I wish you luck in your quest to be Aussie like all of us on here

Ali

Guest Guest75

Hiya and welcome to PIA.

Good luck on your visa journey here.

I was talking to a nice Singaporean bloke recently.

It seems to be very expensive to live there now from what he tells me.

Guest asian_mate
    Hiya and welcome to PIA.

Good luck on your visa journey here.

I was talking to a nice Singaporean bloke recently.

It seems to be very expensive to live there now from what he tells me.

It IS!!

While it might not be the most expensive city in the world, we certainly feel the burden.

If you want to buy a car, you are prepared to pay COE (Certificate of Entitlement) in order to own a car in Singapore. Currently it's going for S$16,000 (below 1600cc) and S$20,000 (above 1600cc), on top of the car price. Mind you, you are allowed to own this car for 10 years only...

We also spend at least S$5 for using highway and going in CBD area each day during peak hour. There is no other way like other cities, meaning that you either pay up or be late for work.

It's unlucky if you are a smoker and living in Singapore. It costs S$12 for a pack of cigarette. That's almost A$10 per pack!!

Rental of Condo can go from S$5K-8K for a 3-Room per month, with full facilities. Depending on location of course, it can be much higher.

For a decent landed house, I am using houses on http://www.realestate.com.au as benchmark, those are selling for A$300K+, it will cost at least S$1.5-2million here.

But honestly, we have our perks too.