huggesy

Fishing charter trips etc

So my mum and her husband are coming over in a few weeks, in the uk he is a keen fisherman he has a little boat he takes out regularly, we want to do lots of walking and have some mum and daughter time which won't be that interesting for him plus he isn't able to do loads of walking.

can anyone recommend any reasonably priced companies that run fishing trips from around christies area, so he can have some time enjoying his hobby whilst he is here (and keeps him out our hair:rolleyes:) or is there any places you can hire equipment from so he could go fishing off the jetty?

i don't want him to get bored, and I don't want my mum to feel guilty for spending time with me.

Guest Guest75

I think there is only one charter running out of O'Sullivans Beach Ramp.

I see them often - they don't go too far, just down to Hallett Cove and Marino.

Should be reasonably priced.

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/horizon-fishing-charters/osullivan-beach

There is a good one from Glenelg as well.

I see this one on grounds further out for Snapper.

http://www.glenelgfishingcharter.com.au/

Guest Guest75
    Send Tyke a message - he might be able to take your Dad out with him sometime

I don't do charters - but now and again have room for crew if they chip in to fuel/ bait costs.

Nothing planned at present, just waiting for a "perfect water day" as Mrs Tyke wants to go out for the crabs.

If I do get a space I'll let you know.

Ok cool thank you, I will give them a buzz always good to have local recommendations, they don't arrive until the 14th march but good to get organised in advance. Plus can send him out to earn his keep! They are here for 6 weeks and I have to work so good to have options of what they can do in regards to hobbies.:biggrin:

Guest Guest75

This is the charter boat from O'Sullivans Beach Ramp.

He fishes this spot a fair bit - for Squid I'd reckon as the Pro fishers used to hammer this spot.

1900006_10152260607773685_1203235335_n.jpg