Bal67

Education on a 489 Visa

Hi Guys,

We are due to come out to SA April/May time as soon as house sale has gone through and I wanted someone to confirm to me if my 17 Daughter can go to college, the reason being we have friends in Regional WA on a 489 Visa and their 18 year old son cannot go to college. Would that be the same for us in SA?

All replies would be much appreciated.

Bal

At 17 she could still go to school and do Year 12 or even Year 11 and then Year 12, and she won't have to pay any more than a local would pay at school.

That was something else I was wondering, but the only problem is I dont know whether she might find school a bit too young for her now after doing nearly a year at 6th form as she really wanted to go to fashion college and if we have to pay for her college, then we will do that, or look into all options when we get there!!

We have so much organising to do before we get there and may concentrate on the schooling when we get to SA and decide on areas best suitable etc for us all too.

Many thanks for your help Diane.

Bal

x

There are a couple of what I would call "sixth form colleges" (called senior colleges here) that she could look at - often they offer more variety of subjects. Have a look at USC (University Senior College) in the city, Marden Senior College, and Eynesbury Senior College. They are all private fee paying schools but she won't have to pay international fees at those I don't think, just the same as any Australian would.