Guest martin.bartram

Jobs and schools in Adelaide

Guest martin.bartram

Hi every one first time on here and just going through the first steps of going out to oz.

Is there any communication workers (cable Jointers) out there would love to pick your brains.

Also any one out there with kids simular ages to mine 10 & 12. What are the schools like out there? Are they good and bad ones.

Any recomendations for new housing area's.

We live in Fulwood, Sheffield at the moment any one out there from near us origernally.

So many questions to ask!!!

Look forward to an replies.

Martin & Helen :jiggy:

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi Martin and Helen and welcome to PIA

Sorry can't help with the jobs and schools info but we have 2 boys 8 and 10 yrs old. We live in Aldercar, Nottinghamshire and I work in Chesterfield, not far from Sheffield.

Hope you get the info you asked for, this is a great site, you pick up so many useful bits of info.

Roz

Hi there,

sorry can't help on the cabling front.

There are many new housing developments in the north, south and in the hills that surround Adelaide. It just depends which area you prefer to live in. The developments in the hills tend towards having larger blocks to retain the country feel. The areas in the north again border on the country areas, but are close to essentials. Down south they are not far from the beach. try researching Aldinga, Noarlunga,Woodcroft areas in the Sth, Hewett, Andrews Farm in nth and Mt Barker/Littlehampton in the hills.

Also consider large towns outside of Adelaide such as Mt Gambier, Whyalla, Ceduna, there is a lot of good stuff going on in these regional areas and housing can be much cheaper than in Adelaide. I guess it really comes down to where you find work, the rest will follow on.

Schools ...well of course there are some good and some bad, like everywhere. Also your view of this comes into it. Schools in the state system aren't ranked, don't offer info on where their students sit in relation to other schools. generally if the school services an area where there are many social problems then this may carry over into the school. Generally if you find an area that you like to live in chances are the people living there will be pretty much like minded as you in what they want for their kids and at primary school level anyway there will be a choice of schools in the area.

Guest andy&jill

Hi and welcome to this site, loads of info on here.

Im in telecomms if that helps, i tend to look at http://www.seek.com.au/ semms to have more relevant jobs for me and in the comms industry.

As for new developments when we came over on a reccie in march, we looked at Mt Barker and Littlehampton, Mt barker a good size town in our opinion a very nice area, we liked the feel of it, the kids liked the state school there too, and ive heard has a good rep.

Both areas are about 40mins on the expressway to ADL

Looked at a new developments at seaford closer to the beach all very nice, never looked into the school at seaford so cant comment.

Im sure there are loads more, as 2 weeks is only a snapshot of what life is like.

We liked aberfoyle park had a good feel to it. We may rent there but who knows were we will end up buying.

Andy.

Guest Libby1971

Hi

There have been quite a few threads started about schools so maybe have a read through of those to get an overall picture. That might be better than talking about specific places just yet.

I can't help on the job front though, sorry.

Libby

Guest bridges
    Hi every one first time on here and just going through the first steps of going out to oz.

Is there any communication workers (cable Jointers) out there would love to pick your brains.

Also any one out there with kids simular ages to mine 10 & 12. What are the schools like out there? Are they good and bad ones.

Any recomendations for new housing area's.

We live in Fulwood, Sheffield at the moment any one out there from near us origernally.

So many questions to ask!!!

Look forward to an replies.

Martin & Helen :jiggy:

check out this site it might help you http://www.jobseek.com.au