Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yorkshire Gal

Relocating for Brizzy to Glenelg

Guest Yorkshire Gal

Hi Guys , we are hoping to relocate from Brisbane to Glenelg mid year time , just wondering how the job situation is at the moment we realize its not as busy a place as Brisbane and keep looking on Seek , I work in aged care and my husband installs shower screens and mirrors , would be great if someone could reply and tell us how it is in that area and surrounds , Cheers :biggrin:

Think there is aged care work around. I see it advertised locally here. May have to travel a bit as some of the villages are in other suburbs. Not sure Glenelg itself will have much of that work, it's a pricey area. The villages seem to be elsewhere.

Guest Yorkshire Gal

Thanks appreciated, not too bothered about having to travel would just be nice to know that there is employment down there .

Tbh some people seem to find work, some don't. Guess lots can depend on your chosen career or skills. Also time of year when making the move.

Guest Guest12727

Aged care workers seem to be in demand and as SA has an aging population it is one area where demand is unlikely to fall off. There are new and expanded aged care facilities opening all the time. I suspect shower screen installation work would be a matter of right place, right time.