Bevev's

house opens

Can anyone advise me please.

We have been informed by the landlord that he wants to have an open every weekend in March with the intention of having auction after 4 opens. Do we have any say in what days or times they are held. We feel as if they are walking over us:(

Can anyone advise me please.

We have been informed by the landlord that he wants to have an open every weekend in March with the intention of having auction after 4 opens. Do we have any say in what days or times they are held. We feel as if they are walking over us:(

http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/housing-property-and-land/renting-and-letting/information-for-private-rental-landlords/being-a-private-rental-landlord/rental-property

I'm not 100% sure but I think he the rules are something to do with being reasonable and every weekend seem unreasonable to me. Have you had a look at your rental agreement? It should say in there what terms you agreed to when you signed. I suppose too it makes a difference if you're breaking your lease (so it'd be in your interest to have the opens to ensure a new tenant) or if it's at your landlord's insistence - then I suspect you might even be allowed to say no to any until your lease has expired (but again that very negative attitude might impact on the return of your bond....).

That was one of the reasons we bought sooner rather than later because I hated being at the mercy of other people - I've been looking after my own house for almost 20 years and I really resented someone coming in every 3 months to see if I was cleaning it properly.

I would be telling them I'd like a copy of their insurance to show that your private property will be covered though the opens as your insurance will not cover unaccompanied people wondering around for a house inspection (I've never seen one walk around every room with every person, they just leave them to it). That might put them off a bit.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Sounds like the landlord could be within his/her rights....this off sa.gov website

As a general guide it may be reasonable to:*

have one open inspection per fortnight after giving the tenant at least four days' notice

have two inspections per week by appointment only after giving the tenant at least 24 hours' notice

have five open inspections and the auction day if you are auctioning the property.