Karenbfam

Mobile Phone Unlocking

Hi All

Does anyone know where we can get a phone unlocked? We have been asking around but with no success. We are in the south but don't mind traveling.

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karenbfam,

we had exactly the same issue when we arrived 2 months ago.........and are still looking! I'm sure there are people out there - we went to Melbourne for the weekend a couple of weeks back and whilst ondering through Victoria Market saw stalls advertising phone unlocks but the iphone was in Adelaide! We keep looking but if you hear of anywhere let us know as it pains me greatly to have a useless iphone in the drawer!

TD

Pretty sure you can unlock the iphone yourself through iTunes by backing the phone up in iTunes and then restoring it as though it was a new device.

Edit: if you don't want to take the risk I'll offer $200 for it as it is.

You have to go and sort it out with the company you bought the phone from and ask them to unlock it. You then plug into iTunes, restore and then you're unlocked.

Pretty sure you can unlock the iphone yourself through iTunes by backing the phone up in iTunes and then restoring it as though it was a new device.

Lol.

Guest hemzet

In fact, iPhones can be unlocked legally only online. There is an Apple web page where the IMEI number needs to be entered and Apple unlocks the phone. Tghis is done automatically, if the carier accepts it (so the contract duration is over). However, as written above, a full restore through iTunes is necessary for the unlock to take in effect.