Finally we are Poms Adelaide!!!!!!!

Guest MandiMR2

Guest The McLs
Hi McLs:

I'd say for newly arrived Brits, probably March 15 would be the best time to arrive. This will give you a couple of months before Winter sets in (June, July and August), to get a taste of the lovely weather to come after Winter. Adelaide Autumns are gorgeous (March, April and May), as are Springs (September, October, November). Adelaide Summers are a different kettle of fish altogether for newcomers (December, January, February) so I suggest you come in either Spring or Autumn, to give you time to acclimatise. Having said that, whichever month you decide to come, you'll cope very well, I'm sure. I wish you well!! x

Hi Barbaitch,

Great stuff. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I like the sound of those gorgeous months of weather :)

Cheers

The McLs

Guest The McLs
Apologies for my delayed reply, but I would say March is most definitely a more favourable time to come & many other people I've met here who arrived before Xmas agree with me. We could have come over in Nov last year, but as it was so close to Xmas, we decided to stay & spend it with family & friends & deferred until March when the weather was cooler. As mentioned above the weather this time of year is great, with tolerable temperatures enabling you to gradually acclimatise to the hot weather, instead of arriving in the midst of a long season of mad heat. Plus there's so much to do here in March, its known as "Mad March" with lots going on about the city, such as the Fringe festival, Clipsal 500 racing amongst many others, so its a great opportunity to see how the city lives up to its title of "festival state".

Best of luck with your plans, Mandi x

Mandi,

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I asked the question of you all. It sounds like we are in much the same situation as you, thinking about staying in UK for Christmas etc.

March sounds like a great fun time!

All the best

Steve

Hi again, McLs:

I forgot to mention 'Mad March', so I'm glad MandiMR2 has told you about it. Yes, that's another great reason to arrive at that time of the year! There's such a lot of 'feel-good' stuff going on throughout the month of March; I don't know anyone who doesn't get involved in some way, and all love it. Why don't you Google "Mad March" events in Adelaide, to find out exactly what's in store when you arrive? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as there's something for everyone. And the best bit is knowing it happens every year!

Good luck!

Guest The McLs
Hi again, McLs:

I forgot to mention 'Mad March', so I'm glad MandiMR2 has told you about it. Yes, that's another great reason to arrive at that time of the year! There's such a lot of 'feel-good' stuff going on throughout the month of March; I don't know anyone who doesn't get involved in some way, and all love it. Why don't you Google "Mad March" events in Adelaide, to find out exactly what's in store when you arrive? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as there's something for everyone. And the best bit is knowing it happens every year!

Good luck!

I like the sound of Mad March, I'm off to search the web. Will use some of that good luck you sent us :) Thanks