Guest vonnie

help!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vonnie

We are seriously thinking of leaving england for a new life in australia. Most of my family live in Perth but I am drawn to Adelaide and Melbourne. We plan to visit in June but don't know where to look first. We have two children,6 and 11. love being outdoors. Love theatres and going out in general. Someone has told us that Hallett cove is a really good place to be? At the moment we live on the coast which we like. It would be great to have more space around us than we have in England but not to be remote. We don't mind a busy area. It would be great to get some advice.:unsure:

Guest caoimhe

Hi Vonnie just wanted to welcome you to the site, hope you enjoy it

you will loads of advice soon

Guest Django

Hi Vonnie,

Not wanting to seem unhelpful but picking somewhere to live is a personal thing. You may ask where its nice and someone will say 'this place' is fabby, but when you get there its 'orrid. Other places you think are spot on others will think 'why d'you want to live here??'.

Research for yourself. There are loads of sites out there with info regarding whats where. Can't help with any in Melbourne but have a gander at this one to get you going in Adelaide.

http://www.adelaidebound.com/

You can also search on here for past threads about where people suggest but beware its just people's opinions that might not agree with yours.

Pete

Hi Vonnie,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and wish you luck in your quest for information.

We came over 6 weeks ago and are currently renting in Hallett Cove, we like the area, it's fairly central and has a lot of walks and cycle tracks, together with the rocky beach and conservation walk that takes you right up and over the coast line.

But, there a lot of other areas that are lovely too, so my advice would be don't choose just yet, come over get a feel for the place and I guarantee, you will change your mind a thousand times, especially when you start looking for a house and see what you can get for your money in other areas. It also depends on work, you may get a job that is a bit further away and want to stay closer to cut down on expenses.

Although we stay here just now, it's only a rental and everywhere is an option. Don't get too hooked up on choosing an area just yet, come over and enjoy everything that Adelaide has to offer, I don't think you will be disappointed x