Brett lee

Can I move to some other regional area, when I am already sponsored by a state on 489

hi, anyone here successfully applied for 887 even though did not complete the 2 years in sponsored state (went to other regional area)? will be good to hear from you guys :)

On 5/27/2017 at 1:46 AM, Kamobareto said:

I moved interstate 3 months before reaching the 2 years commitment period and I had not problem when applying for 887.

Can you please advise if you were successful in your 887? may i know were you on 190 or 489? thanks.

On 3/10/2014 at 12:43 PM, Brett lee said:

Hello everyone,

How are you.

I am on 489 visa, and I have about 1 more year left before I apply on 887. I was sponsored by a state. Over the time things have changed, and I am finding really hard to survive here with my wife.

I am wondering if I can move to some other state, and still live in regional area. I know that I can stay anywhere in regional Australia, but bit worried that what if the state which sponsored me takes any actions against me? Till now they havent asked me to fill out any survey which they said they will during sponsoring me? Should I still expect them to send surveys?

Have anyone like me had gone through this before, if you have please share your experience?

I need to know that how I can move from this state to regional VIC, without any problems or hassles. Sorry for long post, I am new here so hope will know how to write here. I hope I will get some favourable replies.

Regards

Brett Lee

Yeah, you can move to any area(regional) as long as you dont breach your visa condition. You can see postcodes in your visa grant letter, you can stay anyone of those postcode locations.

On 6/19/2018 at 6:54 PM, davtoh said:

Can you please advise if you were successful in your 887? may i know were you on 190 or 489? thanks.

190 is direct PR, then he must be on 489.

On 3/10/2014 at 4:13 AM, Brett lee said:

Hello everyone,

How are you.

I am on 489 visa, and I have about 1 more year left before I apply on 887. I was sponsored by a state. Over the time things have changed, and I am finding really hard to survive here with my wife.

I am wondering if I can move to some other state, and still live in regional area. I know that I can stay anywhere in regional Australia, but bit worried that what if the state which sponsored me takes any actions against me? Till now they havent asked me to fill out any survey which they said they will during sponsoring me? Should I still expect them to send surveys?

Have anyone like me had gone through this before, if you have please share your experience?

I need to know that how I can move from this state to regional VIC, without any problems or hassles. Sorry for long post, I am new here so hope will know how to write here. I hope I will get some favourable replies.

Regards

Brett Lee

Hi Brett Lee

Is it possible to please get an update on your situation and if you were approved the 887 visa without having to stay in the state that sponsored you? We sponsored by TAS and battling so we would like to look at South Australia without jeopardizing getting PR in the future. 

Thanks!