flossybeth

Vimto

It was never going to be a deal breaker but I found some Vimto squash in Woolies at Seaford last Friday and golly did it taste good (well, yes it did :) ). And it was comparable in price to ordinary cordial so I didn't feel bad buying it.

They actually had loads of UK products I hadn't seen here before including Beef and Tomato Pot Noodles and Jaffa Cakes (which I didn't buy because we always preferred Tesco's own).

We've been here 9 years and are yet to see the Holy Grail that is Pickled Onion Monster Munch. If anyone knows where to get these it would be beyond awesome.

Also... Is there really no sweet popcorn here? Why??? I was never really that bothered but what you can't have you want and all that haha!

Guest Claire-n-tel
    We've been here 9 years and are yet to see the Holy Grail that is Pickled Onion Monster Munch. If anyone knows where to get these it would be beyond awesome.

They sell them on the little stall in middle of Marion shopping centre, that place is bloody expensive though!

There is some awesome popcorn made by 'Johnnys' called sweet and salty that tastes great and easily equal to uk sweet popcorn! Seen it in foodland!

I had a packet of pickled onion monster munch in Handorf awhile ago, good, but not good enough to make me want to go back to the land of never ending gloom. And isn't it funny that Vimto is an anagram of vomit?

There must be a recipe for sweet popcorn online, Bubbl. Google it; I'm sure you'll find it. What's nicer than home-made? Good luck!

There must be a recipe for sweet popcorn online, Bubbl. Google it; I'm sure you'll find it. What's nicer than home-made? Good luck!

Didn't think of that - will give it a try - thank you! :)

They sell them on the little stall in middle of Marion shopping centre, that place is bloody expensive though!

Excellent news... I don't care what they cost, I'm off to Marion and the kids can go without pocket money this week.

Guest Guest75

Enjoying home made scotch eggs at the moment. Last two for lunch today ................... I knew there was a reason why I married Mrs Tyke.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Enjoying home made scotch eggs at the moment. Last two for lunch today ................... I knew there was a reason why I married Mrs Tyke.

hmmmmm.......i think there will be no uncle Tyke meeting Stan if Uncle Tyke arrives without said scotch eggs! xxx