Guest Maddisons

Getting frustrated now!!!!

Guest Maddisons

Help needed to stop me going mad!!!

Accepted an offer on our house in January still not exchanged contracts in April!! We should have exchanged in March but the buyers soilicitors had a "few queries". We then should have done it at the begining of April but to no avail. We are still waiting...............

We have booked our accomodation from the 28th of June but we dare not book our flights (just in case!) I am living in limbo!!! Just want to get the ball rolling. We need three weeks between exchange and completion for the international movers so this date of the 28th is getting very close now!!! We can not hand our months notice in at work. This means that I will probably have to go back into school after the spring bank break!! Which I didn't want to do!! Jason is taking it all in his stride and telling me not to stress about it!! I can't help it!

What happens if it all falls through????? I just want to get there now!!!!!

Paula (35)

:arghh::realmad::arghh:

Guest Django

Hi Paula,

There is no point stressing over things out of your control. It will happen when it happens. You've done all the hard work now sit back relax and let those overpaid solicitors do the do. We are currently waiting for a visa. Of course we want it like yesterday but have forgot about it so to speak otherwise we would be 7.gif

Pete

Guest caoimhe

HI Paula,

Keep venting that frasutation on here as it's good for the soul :arghh:

I sure you do feel like screaming, we at the minute are finishing off the house so it's ready to go up for sale in May as we think the visa should be here by then. We have spent a least 5 grand on the house which we so do not regret as a house 5 doors up from us, identical to ours, has just gone on the market, and being the nosy cow I am I had a look at the photos on the internet and it is a gorgeous house

Just hang in there it will work out and before you know you will be winging your way to Adelaide and your new life :wubclub:

That's a shame Paula, it's a tough road as it is without things adding to it.

I'm sure everything will work out for you, just get a glass of Australian Wine in your hand and practice the Aussie saying No Dramas or No Worries.

Good Luck, you'll be here before you know it.

Guest Maddisons

Thanks everybody. I feel a little better. I will just chill out and drink plenty of australian wine. It will happen when it happens.

Paula (not nearly as frustrated now!):goofy:

Hi Paula

We are in the same position, we had sold our house mid February this year (Missives signed Scottish Legal Contract) and had flights booked for the 25th June everything seemed to be going smoothly, I informed my work I would be leaving also.

Then last week we get a phone call from our solicitor to tell us that the buyers want to put back the entry date as they can not sell there property, we refused this and were advised to put the property back on the market.

Luckily we accepted an offer within a week of being back on the market and are just waiting for the missives to be signed, my work has also been undertanding and have told me I can stay as long as it takes to get the house sold, we will need to change the flights at an extra cost to us.

I honestly think trying to sell the house etc. is more stressful than waiting for the Visa to arrive.

Hope everything goes OK with your house sale.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

feeling for you, we just found out from the estate agent dealing with my g'mother's house(we have a buyer and the contracts have bben put in place) that the lawyer who was the executor of my G'mother's will has died and now we have to wait for his will to go through probate before contracts can be signed as he was sole executor!!! The buyer has agreed to wait. The lawyers never got in touch with us.... very shoddy! That is one stuffed legal system. so hopefully your housing woes will soon be over and you can look back and laugh over it all.

Guest Maddisons
    Hi Paula

We are in the same position, we had sold our house mid February this year (Missives signed Scottish Legal Contract) and had flights booked for the 25th June everything seemed to be going smoothly, I informed my work I would be leaving also.

Then last week we get a phone call from our solicitor to tell us that the buyers want to put back the entry date as they can not sell there property, we refused this and were advised to put the property back on the market.

Luckily we accepted an offer within a week of being back on the market and are just waiting for the missives to be signed, my work has also been undertanding and have told me I can stay as long as it takes to get the house sold, we will need to change the flights at an extra cost to us.

I honestly think trying to sell the house etc. is more stressful than waiting for the Visa to arrive.

Hope everything goes OK with your house sale.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

I agree with you. Selling the house is even worse than waiting for the visa!!

Good luck to you in your house sale

Paula

Guest Maddisons
    feeling for you, we just found out from the estate agent dealing with my g'mother's house(we have a buyer and the contracts have bben put in place) that the lawyer who was the executor of my G'mother's will has died and now we have to wait for his will to go through probate before contracts can be signed as he was sole executor!!! The buyer has agreed to wait. The lawyers never got in touch with us.... very shoddy! That is one stuffed legal system. so hopefully your housing woes will soon be over and you can look back and laugh over it all.

Poor you! What a nightmare! I am pleased your buyer has agreed to wait.

I hope we will both be laughing over this in the very near furtue.

Paula