Guest Curlie

A few weeks in...

Guest Curlie

Hi all!

I'm about 9 weeks in to living here and having a mixed time of it...arriving in the 40+ degrees of January was just the start! Originally from just outside of London and a year living in Brissy means a move to Country SA has been quite a shock to my mid-20s system...despite having been here many, many times! (my partner is a farmer and it's been a long process of flying backwards and forwards!)

I'm a secondary teacher and waiting, still, for my Teachers Registration to clear...despite being on a 189 and therefore my whole visa grant being based on the fact that I'm a teacher...argh!

Anyway, I am sure things will get easier, there are so many things I love about being here and I'm looking forward to getting settled...I know I'm still only new! Looking to get some inspiration from people on here :)

Guest Curlie

Thanks! Its generally been great but I'm struggling with being a bit isolated here, I'm sure it'll be easier once I'm working and have routines in place. Always helpful checking in here to see how other people a finding it :)

Kate

Hello :)

Whereabouts is country SA? Hopefully you'll start to feel less isolated once you are working.

Guest Curlie

I'm down in Kingston on the South East; its strange as everyone is just lovely and have been supportive but I find myself a little desperate to get to the city! Luckily, the other half is very understanding!