Where does the best Sunday Roasts

Guest MWorth

Guest MWorth

Hello

As a Yorkshire girl I love my Sunday Roasts with Yorkshire puddings. Where out there does the best? And what prices?

Thank you :-) my tummy is rumbling and I am desperate to find a great place !

Guest MWorth
I just had roast beef, potatoes, veggies, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish and gravy. Yum. Made it myself though.

Sorry I can't help with anywhere which sells it (well not with yorkshires and without pumpkin).

Wow! That sounds amazing, super jealous! I actually don't mind pumpkin but I want one just like the ones in England. My mother in law arrives on Wednesday.. I might get her to make me one ! Haha!

Haven't tried their Sunday Roast but I've heard good reports - but they do a great liver and bacon and gammon with pineapple

http://www.agfg.com.au/guide/sa/mclaren-vale-fleurieu/mclaren-vale-wine-region/mclaren-vale/restaurants-dining/cafe-britannia

I went to go for lunch there one day and it was closed. Depriving a pregnant lady of her English food is just mean lol.

Guest Guest75

It's in the quality of the roast potatoes and best of all the gravy.....................:cute:

sorry but this pumpkin and sweet potato stuff should not be on the same plate as roast beef!!-----------------Yek!:shocked:

Guest Claire-n-tel

Mmmmm.....carvery!

We've just eaten the leftovers from our roast from last night, cooked for 8 of us......we had Roast pork loin, (of course with crackling!) Roast pots, Yorkshire puds (yes, with pork!...and every roast dinner!) Roast parsnips, pumpkin, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower cheese oh and LOTS of gravy

Guest Guest75
Mmmmm.....carvery!

We've just eaten the leftovers from our roast from last night, cooked for 8 of us......we had Roast pork loin, (of course with crackling!) Roast pots, Yorkshire puds (yes, with pork!...and every roast dinner!) Roast parsnips, pumpkin, sprouts, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower cheese oh and LOTS of gravy

Stan be gettin' fat on dem leftovers!!!

Don't think we have a proper Sunday lunch place ,we could do with a good old carvery .

Reckon there's an opportunity there.....do you think we'd get much custom if we opened a diner/ food truck doing Sunday roasts?..... Really fancy doing it.....stuff like mince and dumplings, chicken dinners, you know the stuff....xx

I know the British Hotel at Port Adelaide was looking at doing Sunday Roasts - not been there yet but would be interested to hear if anyone has and what their roasts are like.

I do a pretty mean roast dinner - sometimes the only way to get my teenage son to eat veg! - but I've included roast pumpkin in mine - love the way it caramelises on the outside and is creamy on the inside....A very nice complement to crunchy roast spuds!

Guest Guest75
Reckon there's an opportunity there.....do you think we'd get much custom if we opened a diner/ food truck doing Sunday roasts?..... Really fancy doing it.....stuff like mince and dumplings, chicken dinners, you know the stuff....xx

MMMM??? it would have to cater for Aussie tastes as well. Anything "just British" runs a risk - look what happened to Blighty's chippy.

There is a place down in McLaren Vale serving English food I think, don't know how they are doing???