Guest sam29

Palliative Care Nursing in Adelaide

Guest sam29

Good afternoon.

I am a British nurse (with AHPRA) currently doing remote and rural nursing in WA and NT. I worked in District Nursing in the UK for 6 years and have a post grad in primary care with palliative. I worked in community palliative care in Melbourne for a year and loved it. Me and my partner hope to come to Adelaide in September and Id like to get back into community palliative care. It looks like the best thing is to contact palliative care services directly.

I am hoping for some help identifying where the palliative care services are in Adelaide and if anyone has contact details that would be fabulous!

Thank you in advance.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Sam!

South Australia has the Palliative Care Council SA, have a look at their website....

http://www.pallcare.asn.au/

There are a few hospices around, one at the Repat, and Mary Potter are 2 that spring to mind...but contacting the above will give you more info:wink:

Guest sam29

Excellent. Thank You! That is exactly what I need...

Edited by sam29

There is Philip Kennedy in Largs Bay. My wife works at Mary Potter at Calvary North Adelaide. The boss is called Berry, I don't know her surname.

Hi there

Each of the Local Health Network's have a community palliative care team. Southern Adelaide Palliative Service (SAPS) based out of the Repat Hospital, Central Adelaide (CAPCS) based at QEH and Northern Adelaide (NAPS) based at Modbury. These are level 6 consultative services. You would find these jobs advertised on notice of vacancies, the government job website. I'm not sure if they are recruiting at the moment and the jobs are sought after. Other Non Government Organizations will offer community palliative services also, the ones that spring to mind are RDNS, HSS, ACH. You could apply to these directly. Daw House is the hospice at the Repat, Modbury have a hospice within Modbury Hospital and there is also Mary Potter Hospice at Calvary North Adelaide (private not for profit).