scooterdan

Rubbish Dumps

hey,

Have an old wardrobe in pieces and a couple of a chairs etc for the dump.... tried the council but they can't do for 2 months and needs to be gone before then. Any one know how much it cost to use the local tips/dumps?

Dan

Some councils (like Marian) they will send you a voucher so you can drop off for free.

When we moved I think we were paying about $90 for a largish trailer.

I use the dump at Lonsdale all the time with rubbish from jobs that I do, An average 6 x 4 trailer load is about $40

I use the dump at Lonsdale all the time with rubbish from jobs that I do, An average 6 x 4 trailer load is about $40

Just so you know, my last visit there in March was with mainly metal - office chairs, beach chairs - and because it was mainly metal, it was free!

Wow pay to dump stuff!! Don't shout that too loud otherwise our local UK Council might hear you and start charging themselves!! Would never do it myself but here in UK where even going to the tip even though its free seems too much effort for many, so scum bags simply use the side of the road or local beauty spot! Im especially fond of the dumped stolen car or asbestos!

S

Wow pay to dump stuff!! Don't shout that too loud otherwise our local UK Council might hear you and start charging themselves!! Would never do it myself but here in UK where even going to the tip even though its free seems too much effort for many, so scum bags simply use the side of the road or local beauty spot! Im especially fond of the dumped stolen car or asbestos!

S

That happens here too. :-/

Guest Guest12727

S

Councils do provide free hard refuse collection, the method varies per council. In our area we are entitled to two collections per year but you have to phone up to book your slot, and there can be a 2 month wait for the next available slot. They will take a lot, so it just means you need to be organised or friendly with your neighbours and put some stuff out on their pile when they have the hard refuse collection and reciprocate when it is your turn.

Our council also has free garden waste disposal once a month (you have to take it there) and there are occasional electrical goods disposal days as well.

This is all on top of the fortnightly green bin and recycle bin collection and the weekly garbage bin collection. I think we get pretty good service really. So it is worth finding out what you are entitled to in your council area.

Generally people who are paying to dump rubbish have excessive amounts and are paying for the extra service.

Another tip is to put old items on Gumtree for free. They usually go pretty quickly when free and it saves you a dumping cost (or storing waiting for your hard refuse day)

Having said all that, I don't think rural areas get as good service, and dumping in beauty spots is a problem.

OK....Sorted! Went with the Marion Tip Ticket.... didn't know they did that!! 5 min call to cancel the hard rubbish booking and swap to for the ticket!

Cheers

Dan

Your very lucky we only get the green bins emptied once a month, ours is filled up again as soon as its empty !! :wacko:

Councils do provide free hard refuse collection, the method varies per council. In our area we are entitled to two collections per year but you have to phone up to book your slot, and there can be a 2 month wait for the next available slot. They will take a lot, so it just means you need to be organised or friendly with your neighbours and put some stuff out on their pile when they have the hard refuse collection and reciprocate when it is your turn.

Our council also has free garden waste disposal once a month (you have to take it there) and there are occasional electrical goods disposal days as well.

This is all on top of the fortnightly green bin and recycle bin collection and the weekly garbage bin collection. I think we get pretty good service really. So it is worth finding out what you are entitled to in your council area.

Generally people who are paying to dump rubbish have excessive amounts and are paying for the extra service.

Another tip is to put old items on Gumtree for free. They usually go pretty quickly when free and it saves you a dumping cost (or storing waiting for your hard refuse day)

Having said all that, I don't think rural areas get as good service, and dumping in beauty spots is a problem.

Guest Guest12727
    Your very lucky we only get the green bins emptied once a month, ours is filled up again as soon as its empty !! :wacko:

Probably explains why our council taxes are some of the highest in Adelaide. :frown: