Guest adfletch

the procedure

Guest adfletch

I have just recieved a tentative offer to work in adelaide on what I am assuming will be a 457 Visa. Just wondered what the procedure is from now assuming the job offer comes off. Also at 43 what are the chances of getting permanent residency during the temp period or more importantly what are the chances of being sent back? Thanks fo now.

The proceedure is very simple and relatively quick.

Your employer submits paperwork to DIMA for the vacant position and then nominates you for that position. At the same time you can apply for your visa with the nomination reference number.

You will be requested to provide your police checks and then go for chest X-rays (medicals only for kids under 10).

Whole process takes about 3 months.

In terms on Permanent visas it gets a bit more tricky, but i believe it is possible off the back of a 457 visa. You may find you employer is willing to sponsor you for a RSMS visa later on.

Paul.

Guest adfletch

Thanks Paul the first part sounds encouraging, would you say that a need a migration agent for this or just do it myself. I see you a 5 yr old like ourselves, how does she find it, did she settle ok.

cheers for now

The proceedure is very simple and relatively quick.

Your employer submits paperwork to DIMA for the vacant position and then nominates you for that position. At the same time you can apply for your visa with the nomination reference number.

You will be requested to provide your police checks and then go for chest X-rays (medicals only for kids under 10).

Whole process takes about 3 months.

In terms on Permanent visas it gets a bit more tricky, but i believe it is possible off the back of a 457 visa. You may find you employer is willing to sponsor you for a RSMS visa later on.

Paul.