Guest lizdaz

Average SA wage

Guest lizdaz

Hi everyone,

Looking to move to Adelaide with a possible job/sponsor in the pipeline.Trying to find out about cost of living and the average wage for South Australia and Adelaide.Any info would be much appreciated.

We are a family of four,mortgage free so really need to know a rough figure for monthly outgoings.

Thanks Darren and Liz

Guest Nick11

I read somewhere it was $60,000 - but that means there are a lot of people earning more than this and a lot earning less than that.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, back in 2004 when the last formal survey was carried out the average SA wage was $35,000.

The average wage for someone living at Roxby Downs (mining town) was $52,000 at that time.

If you are a 'tradie' or have any skill in demand your earning potential will be much greater than this and i think the $60,00 Nick mentioned would be more realistic (the survey is 4yrs old).

As to outgoings i'm not really in a position to advise as we've only been here 3 months but i'd guess at spending $4,000 a month as a family of 4.

Paul.

Guest lizdaz

Hi Nick 11,

Thanks for info.Nice to hear that you love Adelaide.

lizdaz

Guest lizdaz

Hi cribber,

Thanks for the info.I am a tradie.A floorlayer with no formal qualifications.Therefore I am relying upon sponsorship and dont have much say on what my potential employer is willing to pay me!

Thanks lizdaz

Guest lizdaz

Hi Ranger,

Thanks for the info.It looks like the wage on offer for my trade is right at the bottom of the pay scale.

You are not a Queens Park Ranger by any chance are you?

Thanks lizdaz

Guest paul_smart

Hiya from the government website for SA, the AVERAGE wage paid to overseas people employed in SA (immigrants) is $66,000 which is a tad above the regions wage for Ozzies as the skills are slightly different that we bring. the average ozzie's wage packet was $60,000 plus change (skilled)