ianb

All packed

Well had the packers in today to wrap and pack everything ready for the container in the morning.

We are using PSS and the two men who packed the stuff worked out of this world to get everything ready. Can highly recommend PSS.:notworthy:

Well last night in the house sleeping on mattresses on the floor tonight so all thats left to pack in the morning is them! Container due to arrive at 8am and should be on the road by 11am with the next stop Adelaide!

Sitting in box city in the lounge on 4 plastic garden chairs watching the footy:wacko:!! Still a small sacrifice to make for one night to be another step closer!!

Countdown well and truly has begun!!:jiggy:

Nice one mate!

Another step closer...! I kinda know the feeling...we are surrounded by suitcases and empty wardrobes now!!

Wont be long at all now!

Dan and Steph

Guest Martin and Val

Good luck, it must be strange feeling that it's all actually happening!

God how much longer do we have to wait, 3rd viewing on our house this Thursday, still no Bl--dy case officer!!

Good luck also to Dan and Steph your very nearly there!

Cheers to you all

Martin and Val

Guest The Hadleys

Hi all

Just wanted to say we wish you all the very best, hope all goes well. Let the dream begin.

Guest mOZzy

wow must be a weird feeling!!!!

so tomorrow you are moving in with family?

good luck ;)

would be nice to meet up once more before the big move!

whenever you feel like the ceiling is coming down on'ya :jiggy:

did you take pictures of the packing and empty house?!?!?

Guest Django

so tomorrow you are moving in with family?

Nah just taking a slow drive to the airport. :biglaugh:

Can't wait to be in your position Ian. Must be weird putting stuff in boxes that you won't see agin until you are in Oz. :confused:

No golf until the other side then????

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Are your clubs safe or are you bringing them along as hand luggage, good luck with the next few weeks, see you soon,

Guzzler

Guest ozzieinuk

Great News, I've still got another 2 years wait until my hubby and I return to my homeland!!!! I'm counting down the days and working on ways to get there sooner.

wish you all the best!

Cheers guys, Yes is a weird feeling seeing our whole lifes wrapped and boxed!!

Golf clubs are safely packed, god i dont know how i will cope with out seeing them for 7 weeks!!

Still got a game this friday with a borrowed set of clubs. Im told its like riding a bike and a good golfer should be able to play with any clubs!!( When i meet one i will let you know if its true!!)

Guest theshearers

OH MY GOD - thats it then, all packed up and living out of suitcases for the next 6 weeks!!

I guess it will be a really strange feeling the stuff goes tomorrow. As you know we are experts at the whole moving thing, but next time we do it it'll be Australia Bound!!!

Hope all goes well with living with the rels and hoep to catch up with you before you go!!

Best of luck guys

Vicki, Steve & Cam xx

PS: Keep Rachel away from Next - remember you only get a 40KG luggage allowance - lol!!!!

Hi Ian,

I remember it all well, we still stayed in the house a week after everything else left!!

Taking it for granted to go into the kitchen to get something and forgetting it was packed!!

Well not long now ours arrives in port next week, so can't wait to get all our other things, clubs included and try out our new found past time.

The very best of luck to you and your family Ian, enjoy your next few weeks and have a safe journey!

Best wishes for your new adventure x

Guest steve&tracy

all done now mate. Enjoy yourselves for the last few weeks, and enjoy your game of golf. speak again soon.

Guest Guest75

Best of luck!!

I remember how weird it felt to be camping out in our own house with just the basics.

Then we went to stay at my Mum's which was even more surreal:goofy:

Guest paul_smart

Wow,

I can completely invision it, it must be a mad collection of nerves and excitement for all luckily enough to be there, all that hard work and waiting paying off finally!!

Best of luck to you and your family with your new life!!!

It's the weirdest feeling packing up all of your belongings and waving them goodbye for a couple of months isn't it? When our stuff finally arrived here on the day that we moved into our new house, we immediately gave the kids one of the (many!) boxes of toys to unpack. Because they hadn't seen the toys inside for about 10 weeks, they'd forgotten what toys they owned! Hattie kept pulling out dolls and teddies and squeaking "Oooh mummy, I used to have one like this when we lived in England!" No amount of explanations could persuade her that they were her toys all along, she thought it was Christmas come early!!

Well thats it, 9.30am and the container is on the way to Southampton to board the boat that leaves friday!. Despite the container driving past the road and having to get in car and chase it down cant believe how quick it all went!

Golf clubs are packed near the front so as soon as it arrives can grab the clubs and shoot out for a quick round while Rachel unpacks:D

Will post pics on Myspace later!

Guest louiesmum

Wow Ian & family!!

Good luck with the move, hope the final leg goes well.

Guest kfoley0681

wow you are so lucky to be going! we sold our house last year went a bit quicker than we hoped! but still waiting for visa! has anyone applied for the skilled visa on the electronic system after sept 07 and recieved there visa/ we had a case officer in feb 5th and was told it takes 6-8 weeks still waiting though no news and wondered if anyone else has same problem or has been granted theres? many thanks kerry

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Great news Ian not long now .......so far so good looking forward to seeing you very soon cheers Graham

Guest The Pottertons

Wow whet a feeling to begin tying up lose ends- its really happening!! Cant wait to be in that position! Hope the next month or so goes smoothly. Enjoy the rest of the time in the uk guys!! Yvonne

Good luck, its seems a little while back when our stuff was taken for shipping, it was all done from a friends garage, we were living with the in-laws but its not for long.

See you soon

Angela