Guest susanmary38

sheet metal work / boilermaker

Guest susanmary38

Hi all

Sat waiting for visas now, all the hard work is done, they arrive as and when no rush.

Once they arrive we can plan when we want leave, sell house, etc.

Just wanted to know if there are any sheeties out there in Adelaide & what the job prospects are like.

Cheers Dave

Guest philnjulie

hi there,

i am not a boilermaker but happeed to have job paper from last saturdays paper to hand, there were 15 job adverts some offering more than 1 position hope this helps phil

Guest susanmary38
    hi there,

i am not a boilermaker but happeed to have job paper from last saturdays paper to hand, there were 15 job adverts some offering more than 1 position hope this helps phil

Thanks for that, what paper was that.

Thanks Dave

Hi all

Sat waiting for visas now, all the hard work is done, they arrive as and when no rush.

Once they arrive we can plan when we want leave, sell house, etc.

Just wanted to know if there are any sheeties out there in Adelaide & what the job prospects are like.

Cheers Dave

Saturday is jobs day in Adelaide and the paper to look in is The Advertiser, there are 5 jobs in this Saturday for Sheetmetal workers.

My friend works on a casual basis as a sheetmetal worker and he says there is loads of work, he gets $32 a hour.

Guest aussiewannabee

Hi m8, I am like you still in uk, done all me stuff just waitin for da golden ticket now, I am also a metal fabricator/boilermaker.

i went to the london expo and got a job from there, its in a place called port pirie, 2.5 hours away by car from adelaide. I also get job alerts from careerone.au, everyday I get atleast 2 job adverts so looks like there is loads of vacancies out there, some adverts have about 6-8 jobs in each one.

Good luck with your visa.

What visa you applied for.

Is it a online one or paper based and when did you lodge it.

Aussie

Guest susanmary38
    Saturday is jobs day in Adelaide and the paper to look in is The Advertiser, there are 5 jobs in this Saturday for Sheetmetal workers.

My friend works on a casual basis as a sheetmetal worker and he says there is loads of work, he gets $32 a hour.

Thanks for that, things look good.

Dave

Guest susanmary38

hi

goin in on a 176 visa, state sponsorship.

done on line application to DIAC, in process of sending all my scanned documents as an attachment.

Dave

Guest Footsoldier

Check out getting into mining thread for info or get onto onesteel website as i think they are expanding and require people.

Guest susanmary38

hi Footsoldier

Thanks for that one, had a look at recruitment on onesteel.com, quite a few jobs on there.

Dave

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI DAVE , I am a sheetmetal worker been in the aircraft business about 18 years must be mad! If i was honest i would say that the job front is my biggest worry, ive became instatutionalised but some days i think lets do it others i think god what am i doing? I now decided that if i get the chance i would try something else ?. As for job offers everone i have spoken to say's give me a ring when you get here?, I suppose a lot can go wrong before that . but if i can take the leep so can you ! ive been informed there are loads of jobs you just have to look ,when you got your visa ect done.

Guest susanmary38

Hi Paul.

Know how you feel, I was in the same boat as being with the same company for a long time, but 4 years ago, being pissed of, walked out of the job I had done for 9 years, as a production manager, to my suprise I cleaned of my tools and really enjoyed working back on the bench for 2 years, and was suprised at the comments & praises I received from my employers, what I'm trying to say is don't be affraid of moving on, you could be plesantly suprised.

I was tempted back to my original employer, and am production manager again "WHAT A MUG".

At present we are just waiting for a case officer & plan to do a reccie before we decide what to do.

Keep in touch

Dave