Hi Everyone

AboutTime

Just new to forum, moved to Adelaide 23 years ago with my husband and 2 daughters, we have never looked back and just love Adelaide. Would love to help others settle as I know how daunting the whole experience can be, so would be happy to share the knowledge I have acquired over the years also. Looking forward to being part of this excellent forum.:notworthy:Kindest Regards to everyone.....Karen & John

Lovely to hear from you. I'm in the process of trying to emigrate with my husband and two sons. Sitting my IELTS shortly to obtain points then I'll be submitting my EOI and application for SS - so scary but also so exciting! Planning to visit end of October/beginning November for three weeks and looking to book a place at Christies Beach, just not sure if this will be a good base or too far away from city, etc to do a proper reccie? Any ideas?

I live down south as myself, quite close to Christies Beach, which is about 30 -40 min drive depending on traffic to city - we have a new expressway which has cut travelling. So it just depend what you are looking for - from Christies Beach all down South we have beautiful beaches and close to all the wineries (McLaren Vale). Aldinga is further south of Christies Beach - the railway line has also been extended to run from Seaford - so better services to get to and from city. I personally love South of Adelaide. Good Luck with your application.

Edited by Blossom
Breaking forum rules

Guest lilgal89
Just new to forum, moved to Adelaide 23 years ago with my husband and 2 daughters, we have never looked back and just love Adelaide. Would love to help others settle as I know how daunting the whole experience can be, so would be happy to share the knowledge I have acquired over the years also. Looking forward to being part of this excellent forum.:notworthy:Kindest Regards to everyone.....Karen & John

Hello,

We are moving to Woodcroft on the 1st June on PR visa, very nervous, excited, apprehensive, lots of mixed feelings! We have a little girl who's nearly 3 x

Guest Loveoz

I've been here 18months and can honestly say it's the best thing we have done for us and our children.... Make sure you come over and land with both feet. Do not leave one foot behind! Any questions about anything, feel free to PM me :)

we are down south (beautiful) with our 3 children, 14, 12, & 5 :))))

Guest Guest75

I'd say that honestly Woodcroft can be up to 40 mins from the city center (CBD - Central Business District) in peak traffic.:wink:

I've timed from Seaford and that is up to 50 minutes. It might be a little easier by taking the train.:yes:

Further south such as Aldinga is at least an hours drive ,even without peak hour traffic.:cute:

I'd say that honestly Woodcroft can be up to 40 mins from the city center (CBD - Central Business District) in peak traffic.:wink:

I've timed from Seaford and that is up to 50 minutes. It might be a little easier by taking the train.:yes:

Further south such as Aldinga is at least an hours drive ,even without peak hour traffic.:cute:

My son shares a house with some friends and they have just moved from Seaford to Aldinga. I often take him to work and his new house is now an 18km drive for me from Port Noarlunga to Aldinga. He now wants to move home!

Seaford is a really popular area for new migrants to settle in and many move there after leaving my furnished rentals. With the new train stations in Seaford now open and the (hopefully) soon to be restored limited stop trains, the commute to the city would be around 40 minutes from Seaford and 35 from Noarlunga.

Suburbs along the coast served by public transport networks are also good investments as well as being great places to live.

Tamara

Guest Watkinsfamily

I live in Aldinga and have done since arriving 10 months ago. In off peak traffic I can get to the airport in Adelaide in 45 minutes. Peak times traffic is bad no matter where you are coming from it is not the drive from the suburb but actually the drive within the CBD that boosts up the time. Good luck we are very happy here with our 2 young boys (1 and 3 years old) Love being down south and chose to go to Victor Harbor or Goolwa over the CBD unless we have to.