Guest Debbie & Guy

Hello!

Guest Debbie & Guy

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello!

My hubby's job is bringing us to Adelaide and we have just had our 457 visa approved, after a long wait. Our one way flight is now booked for 10th May, so just over 2 weeks until we leave soggy Peterborough, where we have been living with my mother in law for the past few weeks :wacko: Can't wait. We have rented our house out here until we settle and hopefully the housing market here will too!

We have rented a furnished house in Grange and have just sent a few bits by courier to make it seem a bit more homely. We're really looking forward to getting there and meeting some new people. I will be looking for some admin work when we arrive to get me out and about, and we'd love to hear from anyone with any handy hints and tips on what's good and bad and where is good to go. We're in our late 30s and don't have any kids

Many thanks

Debbie & Guy

Guest caoimhe

Hi Debbie & Guy, wlecome to PIA I'm sure you will enjoy it.

good luck with your journey

Guest alibongo

hi Debbie and Guy,

Good luck with your trip to Oz,

Ali

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Debbie & Guy,:)

Welcome to PIA I am also applying for a 457 visa, I have a job waiting for me just need to get the visa.

What is Guys job that he has in Adelaide? Good luck with your move.

Dave & Jacky.

Guest paul_smart

Hi Guys welcome to PIA, is that the state sponsored visa?

Guest Libby1971

Hi Debbie and Guy

Nice to hear from you. I hope the house sells soon. Good luck with the move across to Oz.

Libby

Guest Debbie & Guy
    Hi Debbie & Guy,:)

Welcome to PIA I am also applying for a 457 visa, I have a job waiting for me just need to get the visa.

What is Guys job that he has in Adelaide? Good luck with your move.

Dave & Jacky.

Hi Dave & Jacky.

Guy is an account manager for an electronics company. We flew over last November and he was offered the job. His company then had to do Stages 1 & 2 of the 457 visa, which was the time consuming bit! When their bits were approved, we applied for our part, which took about 6 weeks to come through, so we are now all set to go!! What stage are you at with yours? Good luck with it all

Debbie

Guest Debbie & Guy
    Hi Guys welcome to PIA, is that the state sponsored visa?

Hi there,

The 457 is a long stay, business sponsored visa. Guy will be doing exactly the same job for the same company as here in the UK, so they sponsored him for the move.

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Debbie & Guy,

We are in a very simliar position to you we went over to Adelaide, Perth,and Sydney last November and i had some interviews with 4 differant companies and had a offer of a job in Adelaide and i accepted it they already had the 457 visa side of things but i had to do the TRA and that was approved 3weeks ago and the agent who is doing all the paper work has just sent off the visa application and they told me it should take about 2/3months to come through so we are just waiting now :arghh:and its a nightmare we are trying to get things sorted but with out having a date we just dont know how much to do.I see yours only took about 6 weeks so we may not have to wait as long as we have been told:jiggy:Heres hoping.

We are also looking at renting out our house till the market improves.

Good luck.

Dave&Jacky.

Guest Debbie & Guy

Hiya!, Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, now everything is packed up and sold or given away, I am having to use my friends' pcs whenever I can. Things are mad for us right now, as we are on our final farewells (we have 2 leaving parties this weekend, so think we will be drying out next week!).

We didn't use an agent and we applied for part 3 of the 457 on line as soon as Guy's company got the TRA. Once we'd had our x-rays etc, we had the approval after just a couple of weeks. I really hope yours will come back soon. The waiting is horrible, but am sure it will be worth it!

Fingers crossed for you,

Debbie

Hi Debbie and Guy, great news about your visa and good luck with your move.

We are in the early stages of applying for a 457 visa, hope to put house on the market next month.

Jo

Hey you 2,

We have only just arrived this last week! Dont hesitate to send a PM and we can have a drink. ill send you our numbers later!

Dan and Steph