mathijohn

Glasgow Get-together

I'm canvassing to check if there would be any interest in a meet in Glasgow or North Ayrshire possibly in June.

Please post if you would be interested and feel free to suggest location.

Moira (mathijohn) :o

Guest kmcd

Hi Moira,

Guess you know both Keith and i will definetly come along wherever it takes place, wouldn't miss the glass for a catch up with a glass of vino.

Karen

Guest hopefull

wife and i would be interested. keep us posted

Guest hopefull
    will do. How far through the VISA process are you?

"Old" SIR 495 Visa lodged Nov 29th, Medicals complete and submitted 18th December. Waiting for what seems like a life time. Contradicting info coming from agency ref when or if case officer allocated. Patience certainly running out. Keep checking ASPC auto response on website which tells us case officer allocated but had no further requests for info since application submitted. Be good to hear from anybody else out there in same position.

We're in Wemyss Bay by the way so quite handyb for Ayrshire/Glasgow meet.

How you guys getting on with application.

wow just read that back lonnnnnnnnnnng story

Guest hopefull

meant to say my I'm the new guy on the poms site, my better half is the regular on here. She posts under "rockpool crab". Where in ayrshire you guys from?

Hi, were just along the coast in Ardrossan - I've noticed your wife posting - she's on Cornelia's e-mailing circle as we are - we met up with Cornelia & Andy at a previous meet, we found it really useful so ourselves and another couple we met thought it - thought it would be good to organise another one probably early in June. I'll keep you posted. Were on a similar visa to yourselves a 475, although we only lodged early April - so were way behind yourselves.

Moira

Guest kmcd

Hi there we're in exactly same position as yourself, our agent lodged on 2nd December subclass 475. We also front loaded our medicals and police checks in February when checking progress all ours says is that medicals have cleared.!!I know what your going through its a nightmare, waiting and looking for news everyday. I'm trying not to stress about it at i know there's nothing at all we can do except wait. Trying to persuade OH to put the house up for sale so we're ready to go when it finally comes.

Hope to see you guys at the next meet up ,Is there a good time for you?

Guest chelleron

Hi , we would be interested in meeting up, i noticed you guys are from ayrshire, where abouts ? we are also from ayrshire, Speyburn place in Girdle toll.

Michelle:jiggy:

Hi Michelle, were in Ardrossan - possibly arrange meet in Seamill Hydro, as there are now 3 ayrshire couples interested, Karen is happy to come through to Ayrshire from Bathgate,

Is there any Saturday's in June that anyone can't manage. We told our neighbours and some friends today - it all makes it feel a bit more real, especially when the wine the neighbours plyed me with is now wearing off!!

Guest chelleron

Hi Moira,

That would be fine for us, how far in the process are you guys?

michelle

Hope you have a good meet up guys, it's excellent that you are all keen to get together, it definately helps.

Especially when you feel you are boring the tights off of everyone else, its great to speak to people who are actually interested.

If you guys need any literature or newspapers etc, just let me know and I'll send them through.

See you guys soon hopefully when you get the e-mail you have been waiting for x

we lodged a 475 visa on 2 April - we were hoping to go end of November but it appears visa's are taking around 8 months just now, though hopefully it will speed up over their winter. What about yourself - are you going out on your nursing - where is it you work - I'm in Ayrshire Central. Do you have any kids?

Moira

Guest chelleron

Hi moira,

I work in crosshouse hospital (ortho), hubby is an electrician in GE caledonian in prestwick. We have 2 boys Robert is 16 in Aug and C.J is 12 in sept. We are just starting out so just trying to get paper work organised. Nightmare:arghh:Hope all goes well keep me informed.

michelle

I'm canvassing to check if there would be any interest in a meet in Glasgow or North Ayrshire possibly in June.

Please post if you would be interested and feel free to suggest location.

Moira (mathijohn) :o

Does Saturday 14th June - in Ayrshire suit everyone - Let me know if your interested - suggestions re venue please. For my part i'll suggest Seamill Hydro. I'll ask Cornelia to post us a couple of couple of Saturday newspapers with jobs/houses etc.

Guest rockpool crab
    Does Saturday 14th June - in Ayrshire suit everyone - Let me know if your interested - suggestions re venue please. For my part i'll suggest Seamill Hydro. I'll ask Cornelia to post us a couple of couple of Saturday newspapers with jobs/houses etc.

Hi there,

Just asked OH and he's happy with that date..and Seamill Hydro sounds great. Nice place to lounge with comfy chairs.

Count us in.

Love the idea of the newspapers!

See you guys then then...happy days :-)

Carol Ann (and Hopefull <--- I've given him a row for his spelling...lol) aka Andrew

Guest kmcd

Hi Moira, That dates good for us and i'm sure the venue will be fab.

Looking forward to catching up again soon .

Karen x

Guest The Angus Clan

Hi Moira

We won't make 14th June (girls are involved in dancing display rehearsals - it's that time of year again!). However , if there are any more meets in near future , would love to hear about them . Hope you all have great time.

Marcia :)

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi Moira

We won't make 14th June (girls are involved in dancing display rehearsals - it's that time of year again!). However , if there are any more meets in near future , would love to hear about them . Hope you all have great time.

Marcia :)

Hi..

I'm afraid we can't make it now either :(

We booked at the weekend for a weeks holiday in Fuerteventura this Saturday. We weren't going to go on holiday this year..but the visa seems to be "stuck". We've not been a holiday since last July..so ..as the saying goes "lifes too short"..so we're off :)

Hope it's a great day and I'm sure it will be. Sorry for messing you around.

The Hannah's.

Hi Carol Ann & Andrew, sorry you can't make it - great news about your holiday - I might try and book something up too for later. It's going to be ourselves & Karen & Keith as Chelleron can't manage either, we'll hopefully arrange another meet before either yourselves or Karen & Keith depart.

Moira

Guest guest1255

Hi

hope everyone is all well. We will hopefully make a meeting eventually. we are off to Greece that week. We got fed up waiting for the visa too. we where supposed to be going to oz end of August.

Got told it will be more like November. We lodged or application end of January. However still trying to sell the house anyway.

Take care

tess

Guest RockinCat

Hi , we are from Saltcoats and we leave for Adelaide in October, we would love to be in touch with other familys heading over.

Nigel, Gillian, Harley, Jaxon and rebecca

Guest The Angus Clan
    Hi , we are from Saltcoats and we leave for Adelaide in October, we would love to be in touch with other familys heading over.

Nigel, Gillian, Harley, Jaxon and rebecca

hi welcome to PIA - good to hear there's yet another family moving to Adelaide! We are in Falkirk and it will be a while before we get to leave it! Keep in touch and let us know how you go with visa etc. Maybe there will be another meet over next few months. ?

Marcia

Guest emmasgran

Hi just signed on and seen your message. Would be nice to meet up with some folks who are considering moving too