Reena1991

Any teachers tried tutoring in oz?

Hi, just wondering if any teachers have tutored in oz instead of teaching in a school? If so have you found plenty of work? It's something I'm considering as we have 2 young children who won't be in school for a few years and thought it might be something that I could do in the evenings or Saturday in order to add to our income. Any experiences or info would be appreciated

:smile:

I notice that a tutoring "shop" has been set up in the local shopping centre, so there must be some sort of demand.

When my children were at school if tutoring was needed it was arranged through the private school they attended as boarders.

I think it may depend on the ages and subjects you can offer.

Guest Guest12727

Our neighbour who is a retired physics lecturer does tutoring in high school maths and physics. He always seems to have students. You can advertise yourself in the local paper.

One of my friends who used to be a teacher runs a tutoring business (and tutors) as their fulltime job and employs staff and has plenty of students, so as others have mentioned there is a demand.