KennyKen

Confused and lost

Hi guys I don't know how to vent my frustrations so I thought I would post on here. I really feel that being a sparkie I'm on the road to no where. I feel after the collapse of PSG nothing will come my way. Two exciting leads this week have backed out to give me an opportunity to work even when I offered for free. Apparently one guy said he cannot afford to re train me? Ironic when he also told me he employed two trade assistants. I've basically checked every avenue. I have drove around sites for 4 consecutive days I have sent over 200 resumes. I have cold called companies from yellow pages twice over. I paid a professional look over my resume to ensure it was up to standard. You may think I have not been looking hard enough but totally not the case. I'm trying to keep positive but am I kidding myself! I need inspiration desperately.

Did I see before that you have to do some sort of course here as an electrician? Have you done it? If not do you think things will change when you have?

are there many electrician jobs here? Are there lots of people applying for one job?

3 month gap training but that only starts when your employed! Apparently 60 sparks applied for 4 positions! He basically

said that locals will come before migrants which is fair enough but doesn't help my cause. I've calmed down now, was livid earlier but that's life.

Guest Guest75

Good to vent and have a rant on here now and again Kenny,I'm sure most do understand.

I do.

Good luck,suddenly something will happen I am sure.

Just try and keep positive ...........somehow!

Hi KennyKen, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Makes me worry as my hubby is an electrician and we are moving to Adelaide in August. Do you have an Offshore Technical Skills Record or an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate? I am the primary applicant so my husband didn't need a skills assessment so we decided to go the ARTC route once we have arrived even though it takes a minimum of 3 months! Hope things start happening for you soon and try to stay positive!

Yea will try and stay positive. I recently found out that regardless the route you have taken ARTC or Vetaesses you still require on the job training otherwise the SA government will not recognise the licence. That "gap" training is near impossible to obtain.