mac

australian citizen and passport

MY FAMILY AND I ARE EMIGRATING TO AUSTRALIA. MY HUSBAND AND CHILDREN HAVE AUSTRALIAN PASSPORTS AS MY HUSBAND WAS BORN IN AUSTRALIA AND IS AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. HE CAME BACK TO THE UK WITH HIS PARENTS WHEN HE WAS 3 YEARS OLD AND HAS LIVED IN THE UK EVER SINCE. CAN WE PLEASE CONFIRM THAT MY HUSBAND AND CHILDREN WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN AUSTRALIA WITH THESE PASSPORTS AS THEY ARE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS AND HE WOULD BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK THERE. AS WE ARE FINANCIALLY ABLE TO MAKE THIS MOVE, AND ARE ABLE TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY DO WE NEED TO PROVE OUR FINANCIAL STATUS BEFORE WE ARE ABLE TO ENTER THE COUNTRY PERMANENTLY. CAN I ALSO CONFIRM THAT I CAN ARRIVE WITH MY UK PASSPORT AND VALID PARTNER VISA.

:arghh:

Permanent residency and citizenship are two different things. Permanent residency can expire, citizenship doesn't.

Yes they can come into the country and work/live etc no problem. You will need to apply for a partner visa first.

Guest davistev

Your husband and children are citizens of Australia and therefore have zero restrictions placed upon them. They may work (or not) and live here for ever. They are required to enter Australia on a Valid Australian Passport.

You however will need to apply for a partner visa from within or outside Australia. Your situation is the envy of many. Goodluck - I do suggest a visit here first before making such a life changing decision.

Also before you leave Britain, it might be worth getting your husband dual citizenship of the UK (if he doesn't have it already) as otherwise he may find it hard to go back and live should Australia not live up to your expectations!

We did the same as you by the way - apart from my OH got a 457 - me and the kids had dual nationality.