mr.mrswest

Can Anybody answer this

I am Thinking of applying for PR while we are here on my 457, MY sponsor says they are not in a position to nominate anybody for PR what ever that means. They actually said they would in January !!

My Question is if I get an Australian qualification level 3 as a Diesel mechanic through RPL, Can I use it for PR application IE not having to do a skill assessment through TRA?

The RPL Is costing $3300 so don't want to hand more money over just to say I can do the Job to TRA .

Any Help on this would be grateful, so far I have spoken to 2 migrant company's and they said there not sure??

I thought they were supposed to have answers lol

Many thanks

Gary and Siobhan:unsure::arghh:

Ok, well employer sponsorship is out for the moment. That leaves skilled independent or state sponsored. You are going to need the skills assessment for both of those.

Have a look to see if your job is on the sol or csol. If it's on the sol you can apply without state sponsorship. If it's on the csol you will need state sponsorship. If you do need state sponsorship you will have to look at what occupations SA are sponsoring for at the moment.

If there are no states sponsoring and it isn't on the sol then you will have no option but to wait for your employer to possibly sponsor you.

Thanks Blossom

you said I need a skills assessment does that still stand if I have been assessed through RPL as it says there partnered with the RTO, really confusing

Thanks

Gary

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Hubby had to have his skills assessment done through the TRA for our permanent visa. He got his AQF cert 3 through RPL to do it as that was the only pathway he could fulfil all the criteria. If the TRA is the assessing body for mechanics for visas then as far as I'm aware you would have to go through them whatever qualifications you have.

Check carefully there are a couple of ways to do this. I see a number of people who have paid a lot of money to go one route and end up obtaining a qualification, sold to them as 'suitable for migration purposes' (which it is but it is not a skills assessment as they had assumed), rather than an actual skills assessment only to then find out they still need to do the skills assessment.