Are joiners/carpenters needed in Adelaide?

Hi,

We arrived on 9th May so my knowledge is only limited but my husband is a carpenter and starts work next week so will be about 5 weeks since we arrived which I don't thinks a bad amount of time to go without work. Obviously I don't know any areas that well but Port Norlunga seems nice - we've been there a few times - it's got a nice beach with some good places to eat nearby also a fab childrens playground. I'm sure others on here will be able to give you more insight etc

We're settling in well. Some things were easy - tax numbers, driving licences, Medicare cards, buying a car, finding a rental were all pretty straight forward. Other things are more tricky - not being able to get credit means we couldnt get a broadband package set up and have had to do a pay as you go thing which I think will probably prove to be more expensive, had to get a pay as you go phone which meant having to buy a new phone (my phone in the UK was a work one so had to give it back). I guess our biggest problem has been despite our house being packed up 12 weeks ago our furniture isn't likely to be delivered until July which has meant we've had to go out and buy a lot of stuff to keep us going until then. We decided to rent in Hallett Cove (about 10 mins drive from Port Norlunga) - it's a bit closer to the city and seemed reasonably priced.

Works a bit of a weird one -there don't seem to be agency's to help you out and everyone says it's about who you know which as you've just moved from the other side of the world for some people is no one! Carpenter jobs seem to come up every few days on the websites. We didn't get any response from any on Seek but the ones on gumtree appeared to lead further - people who have given their number so you can ring and have a chat with them first before sending off your cv were definitely better avenues for my husband.

Hope the rest of the planning goes well and feel free to drop me a private message if you think I can help in any way x