taran

Job finishing on 457 visa

Hi all

I am on 457 visa n my job is coming to an end in 2 weeks. I am really worried about the future. I'll really appreciate if anyone have any advice they can give about any other visa options.

Thanks in advance.

taran

Guest Claire-n-tel

do you have no plans in place at all?....

if your employer is not extenting you 457 you will need another visa application in to be able to remain in Australia.

what is your job? is it on the occupations list?

Not meaning to alarm you but you will have 90 days to get a new job and to get a new employer who is willing to sponsor you and get it all done in 3 months isn't going to be easy. What you can do though is speak to immigration and discuss getting a working holiday visa to give you a bit more breathing space, we have just employed a guy who was in the same predicament and this is what he did. All the best, hope it all works out for you.

IF you are eligible for a working holiday visa that is.

Is your 457 visa running out or being cancelled?

Hi blossom- my job contract is coming to an end. We are not going to be eligible for holiday maker visa due to age and kids. I am a physiotherapist in the process of sorting out full registration. I do realise that I need another job within 3 months. I have looking at immi website to see if we can apply for another visa but not sure if we have any other option excerpt study visa.

Cheers

taran

When does your 457 actually run out? You may not have three months as I think that just applies if for some reason the visa is cancelled, not just expiring.

When does your 457 actually run out? You may not have three months as I think that just applies if for some reason the visa is cancelled, not just expiring.

My visa is not expiring or being cancelled. My visa is valid until 2016 but job contract is not being renewed due to organisation cutting funding. I need to look for another employer who is willing to sponsor me within 3 months.

I hope i am I am able to find one..

cheers

taran

Hi blossom- my job contract is coming to an end. We are not going to be eligible for holiday maker visa due to age and kids. I am a physiotherapist in the process of sorting out full registration. I do realise that I need another job within 3 months. I have looking at immi website to see if we can apply for another visa but not sure if we have any other option excerpt study visa.

Cheers

taran

Have you considered consulting a registered migration agent to see whether a viable visa strategy can be developed?

Have you considered consulting a registered migration agent to see whether a viable visa strategy can be developed?

Hi Russell- no I haven't spoken to any migration agent yet. I was trying to understand it myself. Maybe you are right I need to seek advice.

Thanks

Taran

Hi Russell- no I haven't spoken to any migration agent yet. I was trying to understand it myself. Maybe you are right I need to seek advice.

Thanks

Taran

I am frequently approached by 457 visa holders who were advised by employers or employer's representatives and who did not seek independent advice. When they lose their employment due to a failure of business conditions, or some other reason, they have sometimes left it too late to qualify for an alternative visa.