cheryh79

Extending Visitor Visa to 1 year

Guest Claire-n-tel

Are they applying from uk or are they here wanting to extend a visa?

Guest Watkinsfamily

If you are in Australia already then you can do this online - I called the parent visa department in Perth and they sent through the form for me to extend my mothers visa from 3 months to 1 year was all done in about 2 days. Hope that helps

Guest Watkinsfamily

No, there is one parent visa centre and that is in Perth they deal with all parent visas.

If it's a normal e-visitor visa, isn't there something about going offshore after six months or so - to New Zealand for instance? I'm pretty sure my parents get an e-visitor visa which is valid for one year, but not for stays of more than six months (or it might be three!) - they are not on a "parent visa" just a visitor one, and in the past when they have actually come to visit us twice within the year, they don't have to get a new one for the second visit.

Guest Watkinsfamily

This is a different visit visa for parents of residents in Australia allowing them to stay up to 12 months in Australia, my mum came on the visit visa which is valid for 1 year for multiple entries of up to 3 months at a time we then extended her visa to the e600 allowing her to remain for up to 12 months in Australia.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    This is a different visit visa for parents of residents in Australia allowing them to stay up to 12 months in Australia, my mum came on the visit visa which is valid for 1 year for multiple entries of up to 3 months at a time we then extended her visa to the e600 allowing her to remain for up to 12 months in Australia.

The e600 is not just for parents of people with PR, it is for any visitor from an eligible country. :smile: