Home and never been happier!

Guest ECLM

If it was their intent, then yes.

Seeing as you know me SO well you must be certain that I was indeed "hell bent on revenge on Adelaide" - how ridiculous! This was not the case AT ALL! If you love the place, fantastic! At no point did I say people aren't allowed to like the place just because I don't!! But this is a forum for people returning/thinking of/already returned - so I'm afraid some of the people on here won't have liked it (it's not somewhere where people who love the place should be signing in to attack those who don't like it - I wouldn't log in to a forum that slags off my home city here in England because I adore the place but I also recognise that some may not like it and may even hate the place because an unfortunate negative experience, but I don't want to go and read bad things about a place I love). My post was written with the intent to help people and provide my opinion (which I'm MORE than entitled to do) so that people in a similar situation may feel as though they have a friend and that things can work out even if at present they are despairing! Please don't make assumptions is all I ask, you're clearly very happy in your home which is really great but if you don't need help and support from my post and this forum then please don't come on here to tell me how awful I am.

I know England isn't for everyone just as Australia isn't! It depends on the city in which you live, the people you have around you, the lifestyle you have etc etc, so no opinion is correct, all opinions are are our thoughts and feelings that are personal to us, but they may indeed be very similar to those of others, hence why I left my story on here just in case someone needs reassurance that moving back home can work out for the best in they aren't happy in Adelaide. It was innocent, not malicious or aggressive. Yes - I really didn't like it either of the times I lived here but I will always be a dual national so I'm sure I'll have a wonderful holiday in future but I won't be moving back - just my opinion - I'm not claiming I'm right and that anyone who likes it is wrong. Don't look for a fight that simply isn't there, but I'm sorry you're so offended by my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But this is a forum for people returning/thinking of/already returned - so I'm afraid some of the people on here won't have liked it (it's not somewhere where people who love the place should be signing in to attack those who don't like it - I wouldn't log in to a forum that slags off my home city here in England because I adore the place"

The Forum is PIA - a section of the forum deals with MBTTUK; which is where you posted. However, new threads and threads with new replies (thus keeping the thread current) appear on the front page; so people browse what's new without necessarily bothering to read which section your thread is actually posted in which is probably why you have replies from people who like living in Adelaide rather than people scrumming around in (what is on this site) a relatively quiet section looking for a discussion, you're a novelty because mostly we just deal in advice here....

• 3 months later...