Guest Tamy

Cheapest way to transport boxes from airport to house

Guest Tamy

Hi!

I arrived in Adelaide three weeks ago, and I have arranged for my boxes of personal effects to be shipped from Japan to Adelaide. They may arrive 4 ~ 6 weeks from now. What is the cheapest way to transport them from Adelaide airport to our house near Marion Road? I have 13 boxes, by the way and they won't fit in our car. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tamy

A few options:

• Hire a trailer
    • Do a few trips from airport.

If they are being shipped are you certain they are going to the airport? You may find they are at Port Adelaide. Especially as you are saying they will take 4-6 weeks.

We had some boxes shipped and had a right old time trying to get it sorted. We were told they had arrived in port Adelaide and we had to go so they could have aqis look through them. Appointment made, turned up, ohhhh no, they are not here, they are at the airport aqis. Another appointment made for there. It took a lot to actually get to the point of being able to take them away (over days, even though they say they will charge you for holding them).

I hope you have a better time, especially trying to arrange transport. Our experience was about 2 months ago. :-/

We used Pickfords to ship some boxes of personal items over to Adelaide and they were delivered to our home address as part of the service we paid for, we had no problems at all.

Guest Tamy

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Adelaidenow and Blossom, I will contact the luggage company to make sure.

Jessica Berry, I used a different company in Japan. I learned that not all places in Australia can do door-to-door service delivery.

Hoping for everything to be smooth. :cute:

Reading the other thread about shopping trolleys - you could pinch one, make a few journeys then report it as being abandoned in your area and win $1000 - win, win :wink:

You can also hire a Ute from Bunnings for as little as one hour for around $25.

Works out expensive as you'd need it for a couple of hours at least

Works out expensive as you'd need it for a couple of hours at least

Cheaper than paying a courier to shift 13 boxes though I recon.

Wouldn't bank on it. There's a cheap trailer hire place in Seacombe Gardens somewhere. Will see if I can dig out the link later. Attdpmatgtdjw, and probably preferably, hire a 4 ton box van from Adelaide Truck and Bus in Sherriffs Rd Lonsdale. Prob cost around $75 for the whole day (more on weekends).

That gibberish word above was supposed to be "alternatively" however spellcheck on the Android didn't want to play ball. Can't edit it now as too late but hey, never mind.

Found that trailer hire link See here. Based in Sturt Rd, Marion.

Truck hire link is here

Guest Tamy

Hi guys,

Just want to say that all the procedures (from Customs until pick up of my boxes of personal effects from Japan) went well and smooth. It was confusing in the beginning, but the transport company here was very helpful and accommodating to entertain all of my queries. Well, thanks again to all your info and advice. :cute: