I've read through some posts since myself and my girlfriend have gotten our visas and I admit I was a bit nervous and daunted by job prospects. I am pleased to say however that I applied for my first job over there other day, had a skype interview and found out a couple of days ago that I have got the job! The great news is that we we can move over sooner now. I'd like to think that this kind of news encourages people who are struggling to find something, I imagine if you have the personality etc and a little bit of luck you can find something. Good luck to everyone

Hi Linda, I work currently for a local council as a homeless prevention officer working within housing options. I managed to get something very similar which I'm happy about. I see you're looking at going over in october, are you looking forward to it?

Yes, can't wait. Did my EOI today and started my SS application - that was a nightmare trying to drag all my work experience together! Good luck and hope it all works out.