495 - lowest of the low!

Guest Nick11

How old are we guys...

I was just pointing out about kids in all area's and highlighting there is Feral ( as someone mentioned) kids with all accents. Sarah just decided again to reconfirm their accent was Northern. No big deal. I thought this thread was on VISA's not North and South.

Relax guys just everyones opinion.

North mouth closed again.:shocked:

Kimberley

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devon

I also read it the same way as Pete and Ben, that Sarah was pointing out that the kids were poms as oppose to aussies who just happened to have a northern accent which is how she knew. Think her post was definately taken the wrong way and then the person who went off thread asks how old people are :biglaugh:

Back to the thread - How good were you Nick to stay calm! Was it someone you met off PIA - can't believe it was but forewarned and all that :wideeyed:

Guest paul_smart

Blimey nice piece of visa facism on the go eh? well held on the temper Nick, weird being that there is such a massive demand for Electricians and your all being sent back if your on the wrong visa eh? (i'd say we as I am one too only i'm in uk still!), simple people everywhere eh!

also nice accent discussion going on here, it doesn't matter where the nasty mouthy scrote comes from or in what uk accent he shouts obsenities with, all of us want out of the UK because of the little sh*ts like him, shame some people are just upping themselves and their moronic attitudes and relocating, without trying to blend in with the way things are in OZ, maybe next time it happens you should reply stating that this isn't Benidorm and they have quite clearly lost their way, but your a member of help the stupid and will assist him with the flight costs out of the country!

what must the Ozzies think?? tar and brush type of thing, it happens even if we all are different.:skeptical:

Guest Nick11
I also read it the same way as Pete and Ben, that Sarah was pointing out that the kids were poms as oppose to aussies who just happened to have a northern accent which is how she knew. Think her post was definately taken the wrong way and then the person who went off thread asks how old people are :biglaugh:

Back to the thread - How good were you Nick to stay calm! Was it someone you met off PIA - can't believe it was but forewarned and all that :wideeyed:

Not sure if they are on pia - only time will tell!!

Before I originally posted the thread it crossed my mind that they may be members - but I was sooooooooooooo bloody angry yesterday and still am today - if I'm being honest.

Had had a couple of glasses of vino at the time so my responses weren't exactly spot on

Thinking about it can an electrician be on a 495? Worse case scenario he's over 40 - but surely because his job is on the wanted list - those extra points would give him over 120 - maybe someone here would know

The post about accents wasn't meant to be offensive in any way - just so happenend that I recognised their accent. If they had been cockney, scottish, scousers I would have said.

BTW I'm from Nottingham - so I'm not really a northerner or southerener - but then that's a whole new thread anyway!

Guest paul_smart

well I'm an electrician (special class) 30 yrs old, mass of experience and I only have 110 points, need a 176 to immigrate as I'm 10 short of the 175, if my OH had any qualfications that would have bumped my score up, maybe this guy got extra points for how far up his own ar*e he could shove his head??

Guest Nick11
well I'm an electrician (special class) 30 yrs old, mass of experience and I only have 110 points, need a 176 to immigrate as I'm 10 short of the 175, if my OH had any qualfications that would have bumped my score up, maybe this guy got extra points for how far up his own ar*e he could shove his head??

Okay I'll let him off with that one.

What I should have said was - if sa don't need sparkies why are there 30 - 50 jobs advertised every saturday in the advertiser!

Guest paul_smart
Okay I'll let him off with that one.

What I should have said was - if sa don't need sparkies why are there 30 - 50 jobs advertised every saturday in the advertiser!

And why are we on the MODL list, and can get our visa's fast tracked once the application has gone in?? apart from professional fool what was this guys job? or had you stopped listening by then?

Guest Nick11

My hubby is a sparky by trade but is now a print finisher. Passed all his wiring regs at college - even after being out of the trade for 10 years - but feels he's too old now to be crawling around roof spaces - he's 41. So you'll have no probs getting a job and staying here.

Other guy was a printer by trade. Not many of them coming over!!! Hubby is worried so many guys in the print trade are coming over there is going to be a shortage of jobs soon in that area. Every other pom seens to be in the print game!

Guest Devon

BTW I'm from Nottingham - so I'm not really a northerner or southerener - but then that's a whole new thread anyway!

:biglaugh: You and Sarah are still northerners to me being north of Exeter:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest paul_smart
My hubby is a sparky by trade but is now a print finisher. Passed all his wiring regs at college - even after being out of the trade for 10 years - but feels he's too old now to be crawling around roof spaces - he's 41. So you'll have no probs getting a job and staying here.

Other guy was a printer by trade. Not many of them coming over!!! Hubby is worried so many guys in the print trade are coming over there is going to be a shortage of jobs soon in that area. Every other pom seens to be in the print game!

Yeah they're all ex sparkies over 35 who are tired of crawling around other peoples loft spaces lol:biglaugh:

You don't need your knees in the print business! going to have to sit exams at OZ college too when I get there, seems a bit dis organised, tho If I came over on any visa I don't have to work in my profession, so not sure what this guy was on about!! tsk!

Guest Nick11
Yeah they're all ex sparkies over 35 who are tired of crawling around other peoples loft spaces lol:biglaugh:

You don't need your knees in the print business! going to have to sit exams at OZ college too when I get there, seems a bit dis organised, tho If I came over on any visa I don't have to work in my profession, so not sure what this guy was on about!! tsk!

You'll be over 35 one day mate:D:D:D

Guest paul_smart
You'll be over 35 one day mate:D:D:D

Yeah but it looks like all the printing jobs will be gone by the time I am, have to go into the coffee serving business I reckon :)

What is the 136 visa??

Guest paul_smart

It appears to be the pre curser to the 175, it was replaced in Sept last year by the 175, basically the same thing, prob getting on his high horse as it was "harder" to get a visa back then, still nothing like trying to make new friends in a new new country eh?:biglaugh:

guess you'll be 2 down for the next meet then ? :)

Guest Django

Before I originally posted the thread it crossed my mind that they may be members !

I hope they are. It'll give them a reality check and show them what their fellow 'migraters' think of their visa snobbery. I am waiting for my 175 visa which obviously makes me a better person than those with any other visa sub class.:cool: Don't worry guys and girls I'll still speak down to you all. :P:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Guest Nick11
I hope they are. It'll give them a reality check and show them what their fellow 'migraters' think of their visa snobbery. I am waiting for my 175 visa which obviously makes me a better person than those with any other visa sub class.:cool: Don't worry guys and girls I'll still speak down to you all. :P:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Spoken like a true moderator!

Will avoid this particular couple like the plague from now on!!!

Feel very sorry for our mutal friends whose bbq we were at. They also are on 495s and helped get this guy a job!

Guest paul_smart

LOL I am a couple of points short of the 175 so will only look down on them from the slightly elevated position of the 176, I'll just never feel complete not being able to achieve the 175, it's like getting a second at uni when you wanted a first.:biglaugh:

It must have been pretty bad for the organisers tho, as they were on the 495, I couldn't care what I get out there on as long as I get out there, and I couldn't care on what visa anyone else gets out there on (except Django looking down from his perch :biglaugh:)

Still after a few months when they have made themselves completely alienated from migrant and Ozzzie alike wonder what they'll think.:skeptical:

Guest Django

There is a fabby quote by an actor (Cary Grant I believe but someone will correct me if I'm wrong) which goes like......

“Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.”

I would have been very tempted to quote it to them.

Pete

Guest Leanne & Mark

:biglaugh: love it!!!!!!! If you took the english thingy test, won't that give you 120 points?? or have i got that wrong??

Guest Nick11
There is a fabby quote by an actor (Cary Grant I believe but someone will correct me if I'm wrong) which goes like......

“Ah, beware of snobbery; it is the unwelcome recognition of one's own past failings.”

I would have been very tempted to quote it to them.

Pete

How very true.

OMG I cannot believe it, having read this thread with much interest, saddens me in some respects to Nick. It should not matter what visa you are on, its about making a life for you & your family, being happy & healthy.

How you kept quiet I will never know, well done mate !!

See you soon

Angela x

Guest ali@51

This is a really sad thread We wanted to move to Aus to get away from this attitude. i.e wv've got a BM so thats better than your audi keeping up to the Jonses. Pearsonaly I would prefer the visas to be baised on attitued ie if you cant be happy with what you've got go home!

Since (I am assuming)they have only just emigrated they can't posibly work for the goverment so they cant know. Untill any of us have our citizenship the goverment could turn round and tell us to leave. Lets face it they are not like the uk goverment trying to please all of the people all of the time and ending up pleasing no one. We are all immigrents just with different no. well done for keeping your cool. I'm not sure I could have done they should be ashamed of them selves.

Ok rant over!

Guest paul_smart
:biglaugh: love it!!!!!!! If you took the english thingy test, won't that give you 120 points?? or have i got that wrong??

well I'm from SE London, so one of two things matter here, 1 I don't need to take an English test being born and bred here or 2, I'd probably fail as the method of talking in this quater is usually not much above grunting, and people have a hard enough time understanding me when abroad (they understood my scottish mate easier than me in NZ, they just couldn't get what I was saying!!)

I don't now if it would actually help or not, I'm going for a 165 which needs 100 which I have. again I don't care what visa I'm on for as long as i'm on one of them!! ;)