Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiki

just got stung with......

Guest Kiki

Oh my god I have just recieved my mobile phone bill which covered our holidays in Adelaide. 82.00 squid Almost died.:arghh:

I made 1 20 min call to the uk and sent about 15 text. I guess a phone card would of been better. Just passing on my experience. Be careful if you are taking your UK phone on your Reccis

Kimberley x

Guest jojo
    Oh my god I have just recieved my mobile phone bill which covered our holidays in Adelaide. 82.00 squid Almost died.:arghh:

I made 1 20 min call to the uk and sent about 15 text. I guess a phone card would of been better. Just passing on my experience. Be careful if you are taking your UK phone on your Reccis

Kimberley x

hi kimberley

i know how you feel i have kept my orange mobile as the contract didnt finish until april. and my friends in the Uk have text me and i have replied as you would. unfortunalty my bill for feb was £205:huh: and my mum opened the bill and gave me quite an earful thats after i and picked myself off the floor,:arghh: talk about a rip off i was being charged to receive text in as well as out.

oviously the next day i emailed everyone and told them my orange uk mobile was cancelled and i was contactable by my australian one and email. saved me lots of cash.

so yes i agree be warned it is shocking

Jo xxxx

ps i hope you enjoyed the rugby xx

Guest lippy

Kimberley x

Hi Kimberley

The same thing happened to me when we were over on our reccie last year. I had made several calls and received texts etc but had been told prior to leaving the UK that I would be charged about 75p per connection and then the minutes would come off of my allowance. It didn't work that way when I got the phonebill so I contacted Vodaphone and complained - they had changed their rules whilst we were away - any way to cut a long story short I told them what I was told prior to leaving and they removed all the costs involved in my Oz to home calls.

Julie

What you should have done was buy a temporary Sim card from a mobile phone shop in Oz and use that. It would have been much cheaper.

I have a crap plan at the moment but I'm locked in so can't change it. It costs me nearly a $1 a minute to make a call and it costs the same to call the local pizza joint as it does to call the UK!! My text messages are .25c each or .35c to the UK.

Now my hubby is starting to come round to the idea of getting a mobile phone for the first time, I might give him mine (which is pink!) and get myself a better one.

:jiggy:

Guest Kiki
    hi kimberley

i know how you feel i have kept my orange mobile as the contract didnt finish until april. and my friends in the Uk have text me and i have replied as you would. unfortunalty my bill for feb was £205:huh: and my mum opened the bill and gave me quite an earful thats after i and picked myself off the floor,:arghh: talk about a rip off i was being charged to receive text in as well as out.

oviously the next day i emailed everyone and told them my orange uk mobile was cancelled and i was contactable by my australian one and email. saved me lots of cash.

so yes i agree be warned it is shocking

Jo xxxx

ps i hope you enjoyed the rugby xx

Hi Jo

Hope all is well for you and you havent eaten all your rations Ha. On checking my bill I have been charged for making and recieving texts. Cant believe it vultures arent they these mobile phone companies.

Oh well we wont make the mistake again. looks like its happened to lots of people.

Thanks for your comments Moosh I wish I had bought the sim card you live and learn dont you.

Kimberley x

Guest jojo
    Hi Jo

Hope all is well for you and you havent eaten all your rations Ha. Kimberley x

:D

hi kimberley unfortunatley i am down to one jammie dogger that is just one biscuit and not one pack:(

but i have enjoyed every single one of them, dipped in my tetley tea!!! haha

when you get here get yourself a cheap sim card we got a vodaphone one and are still using it. top it up every month with either $29 or $49,i am getting my uk phone unblocked tomorrow now my rip off contract has cancelled.

good luck with the house sale

love Jo xxx