Guest Guest75

Brrr!!! Winter weather today!!

Guest Guest75

Well here in Adelaide I'd say that it's about as bad as it gets here in Winter - apparently 12c high temp today but feels a lot colder with the wind and rain!!!:swoon:

Just to warm those who may think it's warm all the time here.

We do get the 4 seasons here but winter normally is much less miserable than the UK winter so you get out and about more.

Cold adelaide..jpg

Edited by Guest75
    Problem adding picture.....

There was a chill in the air for sure when I left for work - first time it's felt proper cold though this winter....and the good news is, we are nearly half way through it already.

Guest Guest12727

Yes, even my hands were cold this morning. Mainly because I had to hold the hood on my raincoat to stop it blowing off. Even I thought that perhaps gloves would be good today. Last night my umbrella blew inside out - it is a waste of time trying to use one.

However, as I sit at my desk looking out the window now, the sun is shining again. :smile:

Guest lilgal89

Yes, very cold, coat, hat and brolly weather!!

Guest Guest12727

Just read that it could snow in high regions above 800m, and is already snowing in the Flinders Ranges region. Not cold enough to settle though.

Watch out Mt Lofty - although it seems we may just get lots more rain.

Blizzards in the skiing regions forecast. I can't remember ever hearing that word in used in Australian forecast.

Tyke, looks like a mid summers day for the UK at the moment, yet another damp overcast July with big storms yesterday afternoon.

S

Guest Guest75
    Tyke, looks like a mid summers day for the UK at the moment, yet another damp overcast July with big storms yesterday afternoon.

S

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'll give you two winters here and then see if you still say this - seriously the cold here is "different"

I'll put a bottle of red on it!:tongue:

Makes me glad I'm currently in the UK on holiday. Not exactly hot here in Yorkshire but much warmer than Adelaide.

This is my third winter in Adelaide, having arrived in July two years ago. This one is better inside for me as we are now in our own house with much better windows and insulation. Be interesting to see how it feels when we get back. Got another week yet so hoping the weather has improved in Adelaide before then.

Guest Guest12727

Well NicF, it was a glorious blue sky today and the sun even felt quite warm. Work colleagues were sitting outside in a sunny spot having their morning coffee. I was so warm coming home I didn't bother to put my coat on.

Have fire roaring now though.

We've used more electricity this winter (but still just in credit) and haven't paid for it since we had the solar installed

Thick lined curtain over the front door and closing a few internal doors have helped too. Nice to see the sun for a few hours as we haven't been generating quite as much for the last few greyer weeks