Guest bobbster

Getting excited we fly in two days

Guest bobbster

We fly in two days time and getting very excited about starting a new life in south Australia , we are starting out in Christies Beach and Michelle has got a job to start two weeks after we get there but i will have to look for work when I get there. It would be great to meet up with people to chat with for help and advice to start our new life

I would also like to say a big thankyou to all the people on this site for there help and advice which helps a lot of people on the way to start a new life down under

All the best Nigel

Hi, we arrived on 1st July :-) make sure you get your passports stamped at Adelaide airport. We went through the electronics checking passport control. And they don't stamp it.The Bank and Medicare want to see it.

When you register with Medicare you all have to go in, with passports and Visas, I tried to register for all of us but they need to verify the passports so you all need to be there.

Take your passports, driving licenses and visas everywhere for the first couple of weeks, they all ask for them.

If your looking for somewhere to rent take references when you apply if possible- work references, previous letting agent if possible, they ask for two references each, one being employment reference. We also gave them a copy of employment contract as proof of income.

We were lucky and got the first house we applied for. They have viewing days here and loads of people turn up, I know 3 applied when we did so don't get dishearted if you don't get the first one just keep viewing and applying :-)

Waiting for broadband to be installed now!! Ordered it on 11th, it's being activated on the 28th!!

We brought a cheap car, loads I can tell you about getting that registered etc if you need info let me know.

Be aware when you park, it has to be in the direction on the traffic. We got a $62 parking ticket.

good luck with the move, if you need to ask any questions then please do

Guest Guest12727

Great useful post candt. Might be a good idea to start a thread with your recent experiences and tips for the move.