Boxertony

Youth Soccer in Adelaide ! ! !

My Son, daughter and I are hoping to emigrate sometime next year to Adelaide. My son is 19 years old and currently playing professional football for Burnley FC. Dont worry I dont support them as I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. Ummmm I wonder who I support lol. No not Sunderland. I did actually coach Burnley many many years ago and just left coaching Hartlepool United after 7 years. Anyway as most Dads love football and especially watching their son or daughter playing football. I have had some of my football contacts who live in Australia and they said to me that they have the same youth set up as most Saturday/Sunday leagues here in the UK. I have been in touch with Adelaide FC, whom told me that they play at a high level of Soccer, so I have said to them about my Son etc..... they asked me to get in touch with them once I have settled in Adelaide. This has please me loads. You cannot beat watching your kids play football on a Sunday morning, thats what Sundays are for. Just think all you Dads, no more 10.30 am kicks offs in freezing cold weather in January. Instead glorious weather to watch your kids team, maybe attend a Barbie at your new friends homes straight afterwards and then finish off with stroll along the Beach, heaven eh. Now Dads who is up for that?

Yeah that's when the season's training starts in Jan when the ground is rock hard, but it continues through the winter and it can be cold watching an 8.30 game on a Saturday morning. Usually there is a sausage sizzle somewhere to act as a fund raiser. Luckily my daughter plays at school level and they play Weds after school, but you are right it's great watching the kids play their sport. I've spent many years carting mykids off to soccer and netball, softball and now it's going to be hockey as well. I'm sure you fit right in to the soccer club scene, they are very sociable and the 4 year olds are already so great with the ball.