Guest Heathers1

Can anyone help! Or infom me of ill get a job

Guest Heathers1

Hi I'm a 27 uk diploma nurse with 5 years experience in burns and plastics. I currently am on pre-op so I do a lot of clerical work as well such as typing up correspondence letters, ringing other organisations as well as nursing activities for patients who come to clinic. Me and my partner are currently in the middle of a skills permeant visa. Unfortunately I am now unable to get on to the nursing register as they don't except diploma nurses. Before working as a nurse I worked for 5 years as a waitress and was left in charge of the money and teams so I also have that experience. My partner is a telecoms engineer and has a number of years experience. As he really wants to move I'm trying to weigh up my options if to follow my heart and move and give up my job here and try something new, as I am always willing to learn. If I did wot is the likely hood of me getting a job I over there? That pays enough and will my partner also be able to get a job as I have read a number of threads saying there are no jobs.

Thanks

Edited by Heathers1

Hi Heather

Can you not just do a 'top up' degree??? Then register.

Thanks Michelle

Edited by zeddy10

Guest mactac

There are jobs. It is difficult in certain areas not all. Consult with as many people as you can, research as much as you can. If it is your goal don't give up.

Send your 'detailed' CV to all the hospitals in South Australia and see if any of them will sponsor you by way of a guaranteed job. Be prepared to go country.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Send your 'detailed' CV to all the hospitals in South Australia and see if any of them will sponsor you by way of a guaranteed job. Be prepared to go country.

Doug unfortunately if Heather cannot be accepted on to the nurse register she cannot work as a nurse sponsored or not. You must have a professional registration.

Without wishing to appear rude I'd suggest checking what you write at least twice if applying for any job. Your post contained misspellings and poor grammar and in a tight job market things like that could potentially put off a prospective employer especially when applying for jobs that would require detailed records to be kept and adhered to. It's ok on a forum however in real life situations it's not; a lot of agencies would just bin anything that wasn't up to standard regardless of that persons ability or job history.

Hope it all works out though.

Guest LynzandStef

Hi Heather, I'm not sure about all the changes but would Ahpra let you register as an enrolled nurse? It won't be enough for the visa but may keep you in the industry until you 'up skill'