Guest cunnah10

When to take advise from the professionals regarding pension transfer?

Guest cunnah10

Having had quite a few calls now from the "professionals" asking were we are up to with our plans and are we ready to make an appt to sort out any pensions to transfer i know another phonecall is due soon as i keep saying i'm not quite ready yet!

At what stage did would you recommend sorting this out?Hubby has a private pension and a small frozen pension from a previous employer years ago!

With trying to sell house and going for chest x rays tomorrow and medicals in the next few weeks i feel like we have such a lot on at the moment to be bothered about transfering pensions!

What have others done and how far down the line?

Is this not something that can be done last minute before we go?

Oh yes has anybody got the "child tax fund?" (i have it invested for just my youngest)

What do we do about that?Do we have to leave it here,transfer it or lose it?

Cheers again (so many questions lately!I do apologize!)

Gill

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Child tax fund will have to be left in the UK and the goverment will not put any future monies into it, your child can still receive the money already invested on maturity,

Guzzler

HI Gill

My name is Stacey and my partner and I moved here on a 495 Visa in November 07. I have spoken to a Financial Planner in a bank on arrival and apparently if you are a temporary resident you do not have to transfer your pension until you are a permanent resident.

Anyhow even if you are permenant you have 6 months in which to do so, beware though it can take a while so if you are permanent then plan ahead with paperwork etc. but if you are a temporary resident don't feel pressured you can do it when you get here.

Good luck

Guest cunnah10
    HI Gill

My name is Stacey and my partner and I moved here on a 495 Visa in November 07. I have spoken to a Financial Planner in a bank on arrival and apparently if you are a temporary resident you do not have to transfer your pension until you are a permanent resident.

Anyhow even if you are permenant you have 6 months in which to do so, beware though it can take a while so if you are permanent then plan ahead with paperwork etc. but if you are a temporary resident don't feel pressured you can do it when you get here.

Good luck

Thank you so much for the info regarding transfering pensions!

That would be much better for us to put this on hold for now!

There is enough for us to sort out without the worry of something that isn't necessary at this stage!

We will just leave pensions where they are for now and take all the relevant paperwaork with us to sory out when we are ready!

Whereabouts have you settled in Adelaide?

What are your thoughts then on life in oz?

Hope it has all worked out for you!

Gill