srg73

Thank you all.....

..... however after some long and hard conversations, we have moved house already without even being in Australia.

Although we love Adelaide, we have decided to move our efforts to Brisbane where work prospects for myself seem to be much more positive plus we have friends there who hopefully are looking forward to our arrival. The ratio for appropriate jobs seems to be about 4/1 and I am busy putting together applications and chasing up others which have been submitted in the hope that I can secure work whilst still in the UK however I am realistic. I have also proceeded to approach Australian based institutes and yesterday received confirmation that I should be accepted as a Chartered member of AIB which is great and hopefully should make potential employers sit up a little rather than seeing just UK or global qualifications.

So thank you everybody for your help, our adventure continues however in another city and state. We will visit Adelaide again as we love the atmosphere, access to great beaches and the hills however we must now concentrate on Brisbane and the many positives it has to offer.

I guess our situation underlines the benefit of the 189 visa and the flexibility it provides.

S

Guest Guest12727

It must be a relief to have made a firm decision. Good luck with it all.

Obviously one huge downside with our decision is that we will be paying more attention to the Life In Queensland sister site! By comparison it looks as if somebody visits the site once a week so unlikely to get such sound advice from good people like yourselves.

S

Obviously one huge downside with our decision is that we will be paying more attention to the Life In Queensland sister site! By comparison it looks as if somebody visits the site once a week so unlikely to get such sound advice from good people like yourselves.

S

A warm welcome awaits you Simon & Family, hope everything works out for you. Agree 'Life in Queensland' is as lively as Toowong cemetery, so keep in touch with the Adelaide guys for some of the best non-Qld advice (they still don't know that the weather is better here though!)

Cheers Keith.

Not absolutely freezing in Winter is what I mean by better. It does rain more year round (except winter), but even the coolest month still averages about 22 degrees. That's not bad at all!

I suppose a clearer way of putting it would be much nicer climate in winter.