Southern expressway

snifter

Just got two words to add to this thread...

Road Tolls

dont say you weren't warned ..... #justsayin'....

On come on Diane.....shows what you know :smile:the Premier said that he was not going to do that......and we know politicians are truthful :rolleyes:

On come on Diane.....shows what you know :smile:the Premier said that he was not going to do that......and we know politicians are truthful :rolleyes:

:biglaugh: We'll see, we'll see....... it could just be that what we heard him promise wasn't what he actually promised....:biglaugh:

Just came home on it going south, Marion Road to Panalatinga exit. Today we have 40km, 80km, 100km, 40km, 100km, 80km, 60km, 40km ................ mmmmmmmm eight speed changes and one lane closed at the beginning. Perhaps they should actually have finished it before opening it!

How un-South Australian would that be!

(prob be classed as another negative post in some areas but hey, what the heck. If we can't laugh at ourselves then what's left?)

I drove from Port Noarlunga to Flinders hospital today. In the "old days" the expressway would have been flowing from the city and I would have had to take the Main Rd.. Today I left at 3:30 and my passenger was on time for an appointment at 3:50. The speed was restricted to 80km and then changed to 60 going down towards Marion, with a small section at the bottom being 40 where work was being carried out.

On the way back we left Flinders at exactly 5. Lots of traffic. I was home at 5:15! 100kmph for the entire trip to the Beach Road turnoff....11 minutes, and 4 minutes from there to home.

Major difference to my travel time.

I used to work in Marion (for 4 years) and this was the quickest run ever.

Now if they could just sort out the other 9km from Darlington to the city!

I came home on the Expressway on Sunday afternoon; it took 12 minutes from the top to the bottom and the whole journey took less than an hour from Walkerville to McLaren Vale. If we'd come down Main South Road it would have taken at least twice that with all the traffic light stops. On the other hand the few times I have used MSR since Expressway opened it's been very free-flowing and a noticeable decrease in traffic, which is nice.

I went through from Port Noarlunga to Flagstaff the other night and made a mistake of using the expressway!

The last turnoff is at Sherriffs Road! There isn't a turnoff at Reynella and you can't get off at Majors Road (travelling towards the city). It's fine if you are coming back from the city but once you are on it you are stuck on it until you get to the end at Marion or Flinders. :arghh:

Would it have been to much trouble or expense to add an off ramp between the 13 km stretch from Lonsdale to the end of the expressway?

Oh well. Back to using Main South Road for a trip to Flagstaff or the coast road.

On a positive note. It took 30 minutes from the Adelaide entertainment centre (Port Road) to Port Noarlunga the other night which was great. :smile:

I went through from Port Noarlunga to Flagstaff the other night and made a mistake of using the expressway!

The last turnoff is at Sherriffs Road! There isn't a turnoff at Reynella and you can't get off at Majors Road (travelling towards the city). It's fine if you are coming back from the city but once you are on it you are stuck on it until you get to the end at Marion or Flinders. :arghh:

Would it have been to much trouble or expense to add an off ramp between the 13 km stretch from Lonsdale to the end of the expressway?

Oh well. Back to using Main South Road for a trip to Flagstaff or the coast road.

On a positive note. It took 30 minutes from the Adelaide entertainment centre (Port Road) to Port Noarlunga the other night which was great. :smile:

I read on one of those lovely neon road signs about the Reynella exit being closed/not exisiting (atm?). This was before getting on the expressway so I was able to change my plans.

Until an exit appears there the expressway isn't a viable option for us from home to go anywhere, so will carry on using other routes. I like the back road to Maclaren Vale via Clarendon anyways, much quieter and a bit quicker for us. And very scenic. Rather that any day, even if it took a bit longer.

• 4 months later...

Are commuters still having issues with the expressway whilst they make the bridges "pretty"?

I just did the Flinders Medical centre run this afternoon...from home in Port Noarlunga to the parking at Flinders.....17 minutes and the return trip...15 minutes.

Obeyed all the speed signs and had to stop at the traffic lights.

I rarely travel at peak times though....