Guest caoimhe

Tea Chests

Guest caoimhe

Does anyone have any idea where to buy Tea Chests for packing. Have just done the house up for selling and don't want to put everything back so thought would pack some stuff away but don't have a clue where to get tea chests. Ikea have packing boxes but they are cardboard so not too sturdy. Any ideas welcome

Guest lippy

Hi

We had also packed away a lot excess stuff before selling the house - had just used cardboard boxes (pc monitor boxes etc) - the packers opened them to check the contents - resealed and labbeled them. Don't know where you get T Chests these - except for the one's my father still has from flittings 30yrs ago!!!

Julie

My sister who has shipped stuff out and back and out and now waiting to go back used sturdy cardboard boxes that get sealed with hefty tape. even her hefty collection of books that accompany her round the world go in cardboard boxes. I think she mentioned that they don't use tea chests anymore, might be due to quarentine etc.

Rachel

Guest DianeJ

Hi ,

Argos do tea chest-style cardboard boxes 5 for £19.99 code 8752233

Think I will buy these myself as I have just decorated and will pack pictures instead

of putting them back up!

Diane

Hi,

If you do a general search on the net you'll come up with loads of companies doing the traditional wooden tea chest or cardboard ones (website as noted by BAZnDAF) you can even get them on ebay!

Guest izzle

hello!

i was wandering where can i get LARGE tea chests-i'll be needing about a few, in

london.

ive looked all over the internet and can only find the small sized ones (some even including the tea!)

but what im after is the larged sized ones at a decent price without any compartments or anything-literally, just a strong tea chest box is what im looking for.

any ideas????

....anyone???

Guest WoodMartin

Lots of the shipping agents also do sales of boxes, tape, bubble wrap etc. Our boxes were really sturdy - we used Seven Seas but I'm sure they are all much of a muchness.

Think you will find that any wood packaging needs to be treated. I think the shipping companies have to provide some sort of certificate to quarantine to state all wood packaging meets the strict requirements. If you use your own wood packaging such as tea chests, they can't do this. Best to talk to a shipping company & get their advice. The know all the rules.