Linda21

Hating the waiting game

Hi, I'm aware that many of you are in the same position - I just hate this waiting game! Submitted EOI for 489 visa on 5 July and SS on 12 July and am waiting to hear. I'm totally aware it can take a while but so impatient. I'm now already worrying that even if it is approved and I am invited to apply for a visa that it will be turned down then!! No real reason to think this but just getting sooo stressed! Am I paranoid? Do many people get to the end stage after paying visa fees and then it all falls flat?? Meds and police checks should be OK . Need reassurance before I crack up. Help!

Try not to stress too much. Its the first step in a long journey and probably the longest most drawn out part. If you've a good agent and your application was solid, I really don't think you have anything to really stress about. The visa application process is slow for many and can cause no end of worry with what ifs, whys it taking so long and just about everything else. It can be hard to remain calm about it especially as it all seems to move so slowly.

You'll be over for a reccie before you know it (from what I can tell on your timeline) :smile:

Not paranoid at all - I was a nightmare during the process, first thing every morning I was checking emails, on-line progress.....it kinda consumes you! It all worked out fine for us in the end......hang in there :)

Can't totally understand how you are feeling......you feel like you are constantly waiting for some kind of a reply at each stage!! We have got to the final stage and are just waiting for the final yes of no!! Hope the rest of the process goes quickly for you, fingers crossed for all of us

I was impatient too! And hated waiting! I annoyed myself by constantly checking emails, but just couldn't help it!! And then wondering if something was wrong & that was what was taking ages!!! From what I can gather our process ended up being pretty quick in comparison to some aswell. You'll get there & the relief & joy when you do is just amazing!!

Hi tomamylancaster, are you out in oz now??? If you don't mind me asking.....what type of visa did you apply for? From your police checks your visa was granted in less than a month, that's brilliant......we are playing the game of waiting :err:

We applied for the 190 - it all went pretty quick at the end & even then I was impatient!

We're in the UK right now. We went over to validate the Visas in August and are in the process of selling up in the UK now. We have a business to sell which is going on the market this week and then the house in the New Year.

Good luck with selling your business and home, fingers crossed you get buyers pretty quickly.......we sold our house earlier this year as we knew that we were going to move weather it was to adelaide or not, and are lucky enough to have my mothers house to live in rent free as she lives in Africa, which has given us time to save money, we are hoping to hear before Xmas, but you just don't know do you!! Oh good luck with everything.....

In the same boat..... I have chewed off all my finger nails! the wait is excruciating. Wish I could hibernate until we get the grant!

Good luck with selling your business and home, fingers crossed you get buyers pretty quickly.......we sold our house earlier this year as we knew that we were going to move weather it was to adelaide or not, and are lucky enough to have my mothers house to live in rent free as she lives in Africa, which has given us time to save money, we are hoping to hear before Xmas, but you just don't know do you!! Oh good luck with everything.....

It's a complete logistical nightmare! We're either going to be jobless with the house on the market, or homeless with jobs!! We'll just have to keep our heads down & fingers crossed! & know that it'll all work out in the end!!!

Great that you can save before going over - we're saving all we can!

I hope you do hear before Christmas - let us know when you do.

Aw etch123 I feel your pain, checking emails daily is a nightmare!!! It's always just there at the back of our mind......struggling to focus on anything else really! What type of visa have you applied for?? (If you don't mind me asking) ??

Tomamylancaster, I look forward to hearing how your getting on........ Xx

Aw etch123 I feel your pain, checking emails daily is a nightmare!!! It's always just there at the back of our mind......struggling to focus on anything else really! What type of visa have you applied for?? (If you don't mind me asking) ??

Tomamylancaster, I look forward to hearing how your getting on........ Xx

Hi ive applied for a 190 visa way back on the 30th of June 3.5 months to today.... The Co has asked for colour scanned copies of our passports last Friday.... So fingers and even toes crossed, we may get it soon.

Hi Tomamylancaster, we go out to port noarlunga in March, which isn't that far away! Scary and exciting! Hoping to go and see my brother in Darwin first....xx

I look forward to seeing your visa granted post!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks So much. My agent called DIBP last morning and was told that it was under internal verification...... what ever that means!