Hating the waiting game

Linda21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks all your words help a lot!

i'll just have to chill out then! One final question. Does the CO email you?

Thanks

Hi hi could you ad your timeline to your signature, it would be easier to figure out the dates. In the mean time, 4 months is right about the time we got our visa's. I would call DIBP beginning next week and politely ask what the status is, I have seen on another forum that sometimes they get the visa on the same day, but again every case is different. What visa have you applied for?

That's why I thibk I've not heard I've got medical next week. I thought I could do it later. Silly me! It's booked for next Friday

Wait, you applied in November and have not uploaded your medicals yet? Front upload all required documents first, including police clearance certificate, that will get a CO activated.

No it's next week now. Everything else was put on except that?

Once you have sent the medicals give them a polite call, first thing in the morning AEST apparently works best. I myself had no contact with my CO as we went through an agent, this is what I've seen on forums, some say that calling DIBP can tick them off but I've often seen on forums that when applicants have called in the morning they get their golden email in a matter of hours.

That looks to be the number for the Brisbane team.

According to this portion of the website, allocation times are now at December lodgement for Visas that have had all the relevant documents pre loaded.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

From this would think that by getting the medical uploaded will cause it to be allocated and hopefully a direct grant.

Good luck.

I found this online tel:+61731367000, I read online that there are 2 locations that DIBP offices are located and each has multiple CO teams, one office is in Adelaide and the other Brisbane.