KathCats

Koala Koala!

I saw a Koala thismorning!

He/She was jogging along the path at the side of the main road I was driving along.

I have been here 2 months and this is the first Koala I have seen, it was lovely.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Ahhh!......cute ain't they?!

take a drive up to Belair national park an hour before sunset and have a walk or drive around.....we took mum up there and saw I think it was 9 in half an hour!

The wildlife is great, and the koalas are awesome. I still love seeing the new stuff, we saw our first mouse spider the other day and nearly fell over a mob of roos in the Onkapringa hills a few weekends ago. Enjoy :)

Guest Claire-n-tel

The sound of a kookaburra laughing still makes me stop what I am doing a smile!

I love seeing koalas. See quite a lot of them around here. Have learnt to look for the signs of them and to look up when I spot them :cute: Picked son up from school the other day and there were a few in the trees on the walk home. Also see them crossing the roads at night in a bit of a hurry. Such strange creatures when running like that.

I love living where we are as there is so much wildlife around us. Had 4 kookaburras in a row in the gum tree behind our house the other day, rosellas everywhere, black cockatoos, koalas and according to our neighbours, roos are known to wander through from time to time. Also like that it feels more country round here.

Defo didn't get much of that when living on the flat down in the burbs. Sure some bird types but nothing like what we see up here on a daily basis.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We were sat at the table having brekkie this morning and when I looked up there was a kangaroo looking back at me from the field at the end of our garden. I never tire of the local wildlife, to see them in the wild is always a 'wow' moment for me.

Guest Guest75
    Will do...x

...we even saw Fairies!

That's a lot to do with the nice mushrooms and German beer up that way...........:biglaugh::biglaugh:

It is great seeing Koala's I never tire of seeing them. Even had a grumpy one chase meat the old place once. Don;t be fooled - they can Gallop!

We're lucky to have so much amazing wildlife on our doorstep! We regularly have koalas in the reserve at the end of our road, the kookaburras wake me in the mornings on a regular basis and I don't think my children will ever forget the sight of a kangaroo bouncing down the road one evening as we were about to walk the dog. I'm not sure the dog will ever come to terms with it either...

The wildlife is great, and the koalas are awesome. I still love seeing the new stuff, we saw our first mouse spider the other day and nearly fell over a mob of roos in the Onkapringa hills a few weekends ago. Enjoy :)

What's a mouse spider?

We went down to mount gambier at the weekend and saw an echidna crossing the road! It didn't want to come home with me. :-D

image.jpg

A special wildlife day today - woken by the kooaburra at 6.30, saw a kangaroo bouncing along Happy Valley Drive on our way to Brighton and watched a baby koala climbing up a tree just 3 doors away from us ............. ahhhhh

[video=youtube_share;5zey1VO2Qes]

I saw Two koalas today in two separate trees just outside my daughter's school.

I was so excited. It was the Aussie children who spotted them on the morning and the koalas were still there at ten past three.

Sleeping.

Fabulous.

The sun was shining too.

I saw Two koalas today in two separate trees just outside my daughter's school.

I was so excited. It was the Aussie children who spotted them on the morning and the koalas were still there at ten past three.

Sleeping.

Fabulous.

The sun was shining too.

There are a lot of them up round there. I still love to see them even though I've gotten more used to spotting them now.

What's a mouse spider?

This (no idea why they are called mouse spiders):

P1000377.jpg

Was crawling along quite happily in the Onky Hills....not especially big, but huge red fangs....impressive little beasty.